GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*GROUP BUY* Simota Shark CF Stage 1 Intake 2.0TSI

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
So this is my first group buy trying to organize, and I really like this product! It is made by Simota, a company out of Taiwan (http://www.simota.com/company.php). There is a US dealer in Florida which this order will be placed through (http://simotausa.com/), and so far Glen has been very helpful in getting quotes. I talked to him today about a group buy to reduce costs, and get Simota some US exposure. I first saw this intake in a post awhile back http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27261&highlight=simota

The intake is very similar Carbinio installation and will require an additional oil breather depending on your engine (CBFA). The best part IMO, is that this intake does not take up a bunch of room in your engine bay (without the filter on stick BS), yet still looks GREAT. DETAILS!

-100% handmade carbon kits, well performed in heat isolation.
-4 layers of high quality silicone have these excellent features: deformation resistance, anti-expansion, greasiness, withstand pressure, high temperature resistant, anti-vibration, over all it is extremely durable.
-Specially designed chamber to storage air in order to increase air flow velocity. Horn shape designed at air induction path based on aerodynamic to extract maximum cold air directly

Simota USA is asking for ~30 day lead time in order to manufacture/ship products to us and is asking $299/intake
This price is based on an order of 6 units and since these are MADE TO ORDER, the price may go down which I will look into once I know there is interest!

SAME PRICE AS CARBONIO! Takes up less room, unique look, good form/function, quality air filter. Yes this is a new product, but wasn't everything at some point?!

FYI, 3rd thumbnail has additional hardware for 1.4TSI, but since this is for the 2.0 there is no need for the curved piece!

Also, check out their website for intakes designed for engines other than 2.0TSI, they all look pretty slick and I am sure I could arrange a replacement!

Attachments

• simotashark1.png
    simotashark1.png
    367.4 KB · Views: 1,010
  • simotashark2.png
    simotashark2.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 440
  • simotashark3.png
    simotashark3.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 358

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
I hear ya, but I figured that means less risk for warranty problems, and since I am in Cali it will help me pass their ridiculously pointless inspections. Plus this would look slick with the APR S2 pipe

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
What kind filter does it use and how hard is it to take out and clean

Since Simota started as a performance filter company, with a sh!t load of OEM drop-in replacements available, they use their own double cone \\ // style. They do not need to be oiled, and come out by taking apart (unscrewing) the CF assembly :D.

Dub_Monk

Ready to race!
Since Simota started as a performance filter company, with a sh!t load of OEM drop-in replacements available, they use their own double cone \\ // style. They do not need to be oiled, and come out by taking apart (unscrewing) the CF assembly :D.

No oil? Now I'm really interested

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
I really wanted this one too, it looks slick but it is quite more expensive @ $499! Now if more people are interested I can see if he can reduce the price since that quote was based on 1 unit.

I think i had a minor stroke :eek:

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
So my link to this post on vwvortex got deleted because I wasn't a PAYING advertiser...lol oh well