GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR K04 with installation $2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
they've offered similar deals in the past, so most likely, yes.

dddrew.

blah.
Dave & Jeff take care of their customers and run a great shop. If i plan on upgrading my car any time soon this is the first place on my list! I wish I had the balls to go k04 but I like my clutch and don't think I can afford a new shitty clutch plus the intercooler and downpipe.

HSTuning

Ready to race!
Do you have *ANY* idea if you will be offering this in the spring?
Our pricing varies when we do sales. We will do something, but it's not guaranteed to be $2500.

Dave & Jeff take care of their customers and run a great shop. If i plan on upgrading my car any time soon this is the first place on my list! I wish I had the balls to go k04 but I like my clutch and don't think I can afford a new shitty clutch plus the intercooler and downpipe.
No reason you can't do things in stages. Start with the downpipe now while it's on sale :D

See you in approximately 37 hours? ;)

Great Sale + Install!

How long would you say this install would take?
On average it takes us 5-6 hours.

v6viking

Ready to race!
If you were in New York this would be a done deal!! GLWS!!

dddrew.

blah.
No reason you can't do things in stages. Start with the downpipe now while it's on sale :D
Money isn't the biggest of my concerns. It's the clutch. If there was such thing as the perfect clutch that drove, felt, sounded, and lasted as long as the OEM one i'd have no problem paying you guys tons of money to buy & install it for me. I'd love to pick something up and support you guys but I can't think of anything I need atm.

if you guys were in Cali I would definitely drive down there and do it. People need to understand how lucky they are to have you guys close by.

HSTuning

Ready to race!
Money isn't the biggest of my concerns. It's the clutch. If there was such thing as the perfect clutch that drove, felt, sounded, and lasted as long as the OEM one i'd have no problem paying you guys tons of money to buy & install it for me. I'd love to pick something up and support you guys but I can't think of anything I need atm.

It seems like the perfect clutch kit is going to be the new Southbend Stage 3 Daily with the Exedy clutch disk. The MK6 we installed it on a few weeks back is running great and no chatter whatsoever.
We went into depth on the new setup here: http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49165

Just something to keep your eye out for in the future once more kits are out on the road :thumbsup:

ehancock

Ready to race!
Have you done a SB stage 3 drop in? Others have loved it, just looking for a shops opinion on it.

HSTuning

Ready to race!
Have you done a SB stage 3 drop in? Others have loved it, just looking for a shops opinion on it.

We installed a Stage 3 drop in disk for one of our GLI customers about 2 weeks ago. No complaints from him yet. He said it's holding up well with his K04.

Prior to that, one of our GTI K04 customers had his Stage 3 drop in disk start to slip with the higher torque output K04 file that APR released over the winter. He then purchased the Stage 2 Endurance kit, and has had no issues since. That includes trips down the drag strip with radials. Shoot me a PM if you would like to see his build thread on vortex.

The customers that we have in house generally have us install the whole kit, instead of getting the drop in disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.