GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Eonon VW Android 4.4.4 OS Car GPS GA5153W with New Elegant Buttons is Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hello,everyone! Big news to tell you that Eonon Android 4.4.4 Quad-core Car Stereo with New Elegant Touch Buttons GA5153W is released.
Here I would like briefly introduce to you, just hope it will help you know the unit better. :thumbup:

You can find the remarkable features of it, the points in bold are the different features from GA5153F:
- Quad-Core CPU,16 GB Memory
- Android 4.4.4 OS
- Support More APP Software downloading
- Support Parking Sensor, Air Conditioner Information Display
- Super Large 8" Capacitive Touch Screen
- Without CD/DVD Player Function
- Support iPod/iPhone Input
- New Elegant Touch Buttons

More details pls check here: http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Android-Car-GPS/GA5153W.html

If you have any question about this unit, just feel free to let me know, thanks a lot!:D

zthang

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the post. Couple of questions that hopefully you could answer.

Would this work on my 2011 MK6 Gti with original factory navigation?
Is VagCom/VCDS needed to activate a rear view camera if I installed one with this unit (car doesn't have one now)?

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi zthang,you can install GA5153W. If you install the GA5153W, you will lose your original factory navigation function. But you can use the GPS function of GA5153W.
GA5153W has no VagCom/VCDS function. Thanks for your attention.

zthang

Passed Driver's Ed
Is the GA5153F also compatible with my 2011 MK6 Gti with original factory navigation? I'm trying to decide between the two, and it seems like the GA5153F model has a lot more trouble shooting history and support. Are they drastically different?

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi zthang, it's the same with GA5153W. You can install GA5153F. If you install the GA5153F, you will lose your original factory navigation function. But you can use the GPS function of GA5153F.
GA5153W and GA5153F are similar.
GA5153F has DVD player function, but it doesn't support iPod.
GA5153W doesn't have DVD player function, but it can support iPod.

And GA5153F is out hot sale, you will like it.

zthang

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the replies! Do the GA5153W and GA5153F share the same MCU and firmware?
I like the way the GA5153W looks better and just want to know that the experiences and tips people have had with the GA5153F unit will be exactly the same and can be applied to the W unit.

zthang

Passed Driver's Ed
Last question, your website says a rear view camera is included. Which camera model is included with the unit?

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Glad to hear that. And welcome to share pictures with us. Could you PM us your order number or email used when placing this order? So that i can check for you.Thanks

Kato

Ready to race!
For the GA5153W, it say support full resolution up to 1080p, however in the Specifications, it listed the screen is only 800x480....so is it 480p or 1080p?

Pra

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad to hear that. And welcome to share pictures with us. Could you PM us your order number or email used when placing this order? So that i can check for you.Thanks

Sent you two PM's regarding my defective unit when you get a chance sir!

Kato

Ready to race!
Hi Carlos,

PM'ed you regarding the following issues:

-iPod App does not work. Tried different 30pins iPods, and all resulted the same - the app detected the iPod, but could not play any songs.

-The default weather app doesn't detect the local weather, tried to search the location, and it just kept on loading forever without any result. And it stuck at the front page with the clock, can I somehow remove this?

-Is there any setting for the dashcam app? It start recording when the app is running, however as soon as you switch to another app, it would stop recording. Can you set it to record full time while the headunit is powered on?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.