GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive k04 File: Tuner's, show me what you got!

A_Bowers

Maestro does not have the full 130 or so maps that the Bosch unit needs for a full tune.
I think it is around 30-40 or so if I recall.

It has the user ability to tweak but it has its limitations. That is another market that needs to be fleshed out....custom.tunes.

raaalph

Ready to race!
Maestro does not have the full 130 or so maps that the Bosch unit needs for a full tune.
I think it is around 30-40 or so if I recall.

It has the user ability to tweak but it has its limitations. That is another market that needs to be fleshed out....custom.tunes.

Ahh gotcha

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Actuator is pointless without the file. I'm not trying to custom tune myself, I want an aggressive k04 file. That is it. I'm not trying to use lemmiwinks, Maestro, or any other self tuner for that matter. I just want the big names to let me know what they have in the way of higher output files.

inb4stageIIIsaleswillplummetifwegiveyouguyshighoutputfiles

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Actuator is pointless without the file. I'm not trying to custom tune myself, I want an aggressive k04 file. That is it. I'm not trying to use lemmiwinks, Maestro, or any other self tuner for that matter. I just want the big names to let me know what they have in the way of higher output files.

inb4stageIIIsaleswillplummetifwegiveyouguyshighoutputfiles

Why not contact THEM? Just a shot in the dark.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Ive heard a couple people say getting tuned at Rai was an absolutely disaster and cost them at least a grand...i dunno...I would heavily research.

I dunno if a shop would do a custom file for a k04 or not? Arin had one, but he worked there....i think APR custom files are for stage 3 folks that build the motor, do head/cams etc etc etc.....

Interesting thread.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Why not contact THEM? Just a shot in the dark.

Did, Arin gave me a lame response. Said it would take some data logging. Probably would take less time and make more people happy than creating FMIC feud threads.

just my .02

Interesting that tuning companies, who specialize in high power output, won't look into it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Did, Arin gave me zero response.

When? Give him some time.

Contact Evan, or Bronson, or Joel, or Doug, or Chad, or Ryan....they all can help you out.

Contact Todd@AWE or Will

EDIT: Saw you Nija Edit. Its worth a shot, if you're willing.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Did, Arin gave me a lame response. Said it would take some data logging. Probably would take less time and make more people happy then creating FMIC feud threads.

:confused: he is absolutely right you would have to date log....i wouldnt let a tuner try a "custom file" without it, other wise its just "turn shit up and hope for the best"

when other makes of cars get road/dyno tuned, thats what happens...they do a base pull, set the variable cam curve, set the timing curve, set the boost and fuel trims, and at each step data log the run to check EGT's, ignition knock, fuel corrections etc etc etc....

you have to data log, or you are just "adding +p" with no idea of what is happening after the fact... :confused:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
When? Give him some time.

Contact Evan, or Bronson, or Joel, or Doug, or Chad, or Ryan....they all can help you out.

Contact Todd@AWE or Will

EDIT: Saw you Nija Edit. Its worth a shot, if you're willing.

I figured this thread would bring it to their attention. I really want to stick with APR as I believe they can provide me with the best file, but I'm open to other suggestions. However, I want to open dialogue with the guys at APR as they are pretty vocal on the boards and I like that.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I figured this thread would bring it to their attention. I really want to stick with APR as I believe they can provide me with the best file, but I'm open to other suggestions. However, I want to open dialogue with the guys at APR as they are pretty vocal on the boards and I like that.

You need to talk with Joel, the Engineering Director. Hes a great guy, but he'll have to get his hands on your car and log EVERYTHING. Its usually a 3 hour minimum deal as he told me to get the appropriate logs he needs.

from there its a simple change :)

jmckay@goapr.com