GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfires on Cylinder 2 + 3 only.

RandomUserName

Ready to race!
I'm CCTA. I've been having problems with this car since the day I bought it. It would randomly just die on me in parking lots go into limp mode sometimes when I get above 6200. Long story short, after 39k miles, the hpfp died on me on the interstate. Haven't had limp issues since then.

But yes, I'm running APR software. And I'm with you. Let's get this figured out!!

What are your AFR's? Mine are sitting around 980 to 1.1at idle and when I accelerate. When I let off the gas though, they jump to 2+.

I'd have to look at the logs. They are on the other computer. I'll post them up later. Haven't really been able to do much high speed runs, but i got some data.

Do you have any scan logs? What year is your car? I wonder what your box code info is, compared to mine?

shortydh

Ready to race!
Vacuum leak at tb. Or intake Mani right down the middle hitting only 2&3 ???? Pinched tb gasket. I say some sort of leak just my .02 cents

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
Pressure test your intake system to find any leaks, at least rule that out.

I would really like to see your AFR logs while this is happening. Start measuring it while cruising, then lift to cause the misfires, then apply throttle back to cruising.

Post them up when you get it done.

RandomUserName

Ready to race!

I would really like to see your AFR logs while this is happening. Start measuring it while cruising, then lift to cause the misfires, then apply throttle back to cruising.

I will see if I have the lambda logged in my past logs. I thought I did, but I've been working a lot lately. No leaks were detected with the last pressure test.

Vacuum leak at tb. Or intake Mani right down the middle hitting only 2&3 ???? Pinched tb gasket. I say some sort of leak just my .02 cents

Could be. I also have a replacement TB, brand new, that I can swap in to see if it makes any changes. Hopefully I can get the ecu back before the weekend, and work on testing it some more after the flash is complete.

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
I read through your build thread, did you use the intake manifold off your 09 or did you upgrade to the newest revision?

Sent from space using dark matter

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
This is definitely puzzling. Interested to see the outcome when you get your ecu back

Sent from space using dark matter

RandomUserName

Ready to race!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2K62JHjYG01ZFNWaXptSUh6WUE/edit?usp=sharing

There is a log that I did, capturing afr. Nothing really stands out to me on it.

Now if only Purolator could get their collective heads out of each others asses , and get the ecu I rush shipped to INA there today. 2 days late.

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
Hmm. Looking over those logs a little closer, you are having huge spikes in fuel rail pressure and it seems to happen more often than not when the misfires are occurring.

Also, I am still puzzled by the specified vs actual boost pressure differences.

RandomUserName

Ready to race!
Well, here’s where things stand with my car……

ECU was removed, and sent to INA for flashing. Issam did everything he could to facilitate a speedy turn around, even after dealing with Purolator’s shortcomings. Everything checked out. I even got the burn notice from Issam to show that everything was fine.

Today, receive the package. My excitement could hardly be contained. I installed the ecu, did a TBA, and started the car……..

Something is not right…. AGAIN! Hunting idle, 10 in hg at idle, even after warming up. Before the flash, vacuum was perfect. 21 in hg at idle.

To those who suggested “just get the ecu flashed”, this is why I was reluctant to do it.

P1388 – Drive By Wire Control Module Error.
P1579 – Adaptation Not Started.

If you are reading this, don’t suggest a TBA or I might come through the screen and slap you. I’ve done it. On that CC stalk. And thru the VCDS. I even swapped TB today with a Rev Q that I have. This is the same issue that I had in Jan that cost me 5 months, and several thousand dollars. TSI also do not need a TBA. They do it themselves every time you cycle the key. Wiring continuity and resistance checked out.

I called APR. I explained the situation. Told the guy this is not the first time it has happened. He seemed to know something about it, and told me that there is a beat file being worked on in engineering. I can tell that all the people switching tunes is really getting to them, because he asked me for patience, and told me that they would make it right.

They better. I am on the verge of getting some legal advice about this. I’ve spent over 700 shipping the ecu alone, and get taxed on it everytime it re-enters the country. Not to mention parts, towing, buying another car, etc. Yeah, I’m pissed.

shortydh

Ready to race!
Grrrr I'm pissed too.

candywhitemk6

Ready to race!
High pressure pump.. mine was slowly going and thats why mt coil packs were going

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

RandomUserName

Ready to race!
High pressure pump.. mine was slowly going and thats why mt coil packs were going

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Could be. But this is the same issue that I had the last time the ecu was removed. Something about bench flashing that my ecu doesn't like.

If it was the HPFP, I would think that APR would have identified it through the many logs that I sent from Jan - April of this year.

The fact that it comes up with a Drive By Wire Control Module failure is suspect too. Most of the searching indicates a checksum error. Which means that there was a problem with the flash.