GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climatronic System - Fan Died

Kevandra

Ready to race!
Hello,

Has anyone else had the fan on the heating and a/c system stop working? All of the controls on the panel light up and the heated seats are operational - I can feel heat radiating from the dash but the fan/blower mechanism is dead. I assume this will be under warranty, but jeez this car is only a year old.

Thanks,
K

nik

Go Kart Champion
I know there were a few folks who had them freeze up and crap out in winter, but not in the spring. Good luck! Not too sure if there was an official service bulletin out for this though.

Chacal

I know there were a few folks who had them freeze up and crap out in winter, but not in the spring. Good luck! Not too sure if there was an official service bulletin out for this though.

That happened in my gf's MKV. Went to the dealership and got it changed for free.

wardpr68

Passed Driver's Ed
any update on this Kevandra?

Tonight my fan died apparently. I have a 2012 Canadian GTI with Climatronic. If I move the temperature dial all the way to LOW I can hear something clicking... but it just doesn't go. Any advice? Not even sure I can drive it to the dealer since I can't see out the iced over/fogged up glass!!!!

Kevandra

Ready to race!
any update on this Kevandra?

Tonight my fan died apparently. I have a 2012 Canadian GTI with Climatronic. If I move the temperature dial all the way to LOW I can hear something clicking... but it just doesn't go. Any advice? Not even sure I can drive it to the dealer since I can't see out the iced over/fogged up glass!!!!

This issue sounds exactly like mine. The problem cleared itself up after a few days. I didnt return to dealer and it hasn't repeated itself. Good luck.

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
Get it towed to the dealer if you cannot drive it safely. Let warranty take care of it.

Sent from space using dark matter

wardpr68

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: took it to dealer, it was the blower motor. Tech said it had frost all up in it and needed to be replaced. Full warranty claim.

Seems to be a fairly common problem amongst several manufacturers.