GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

@APR

Are these advertised numbers (revised ECU tune). At the Wheels? or crank HP.

Can you disclose which type of dyno reading was used if was measured at the wheel output?

Thanks

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

KFahey

Ready to race!
Cool thanks for the response sanderz!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Cool thanks for the response sanderz!

Just trying to help out Arin by answering some questions that have already been discussed on here!

KFahey

Ready to race!
Well I guess I actually meant to ask was does the new software update eliminate the fuel cut issue itself without NLS...if anyone has input on that?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Can someone refresh my memory what were the at the crank numbers of the Stg1 pre-file update? Just curious.

KFahey

Ready to race!
254 HP and 303 TQ at the crank for previous stage 1 numbers

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
I have a question about the launch control. The video says to disengage the handbrake. How are we supposed to preload the drive train without the handbrake engaged?

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
I have a question about the launch control. The video says to disengage the handbrake. How are we supposed to preload the drive train without the handbrake engaged?

Load with it engaged then depress when you're ready to use it.

Antimatter

Ready to race!
The handbrake is only used to set the rpm you want to launch at. For every subsequent launch, you don't use the handbrake at all.

That's how I understood it.

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
The handbrake is only used to set the rpm you want to launch at. For every subsequent launch, you don't use the handbrake at all.

That's how I understood it.

That's what I'm hoping, but in the video, he specifically said to release the hand brake. That's what confusing.

You definitely should be using the handbrake every time you launch the car. You use the hand brake to hold the car in place after you preload the drive train, and when the light turns green, you drop the brake and the hammer at the same time. If you don't you run the very real risk of shock loading your driveline, which is no bueno.

CGorman68

Passed Driver's Ed
I was curious so I know others might be too.

Here's an overlayed torque curve that compares the old and new Stage 1 93 octane tunes at the crank.

Edit: I should clarify that this is using the APR data, not something that I had personally measured.