GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to do about the neighbor’s cat climbing on my car?

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
+1..

If you don't care that a cat is climbing on your car everyday then I don't know what to tell you. It would piss me off to the fullest. I spend significant time and money keeping my car clean and "flawless". So the fact that the neighbors cat is posing a threat to my hard work and money is not cool with me. I'm not saying to go out and kill the cat :fighting0030:, but to say that he is over reacting is a ridiculous statement. Some people care about their belongings to the point this becomes a huge deal to them. For you to tell him/them that they are over reacting and that its not a big deal Is not your decision to make. I hope the OP gets some relief from this problem. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with any of the methods mentioned above short of the BB gun idea :iono:. It seems to me that the audio frequency deterrent would work well in my mind, but that's just my un-experienced opinion. Good Luck with the Cat!

Lol @ resorting to name calling. It is an over reaction to a normal person, that being said a lot of enthusiasts are pretty OCD about their car, I am too to a certain extent. I find it shocking though that those complaining don't get a cover or park in a garage.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Lol @ resorting to name calling. It is an over reaction to a normal person, that being said a lot of enthusiasts are pretty OCD about their car, I am too to a certain extent. I find it shocking though that those complaining don't get a cover or park in a garage.
Sometimes its inconvenient or not really an option.

I have firsthand experience, the sound thing does work. Just put it in front of your car when you come home at night so it doesn't annoy people all day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
I think I'm going to vote for you on the next presidential election.

LOL.....thanks......
I'll be the nominee on the Independent, ''quack'' ticket :lol:
Seriously though.....lately, at least here in the Miami area, there have been some really horrific things done to pets/animals, bad enough that stories (and gross pictures) aired on the 6pm news. Cats/dogs bludgeoned/stabbed/burned, for no reason. One cat was found (and shown) nailed to a wooden fence. A pitbull terrier, stabbed multiple times, stuffed in a suitcase, and left to die, in an alley. Police found it, still alive. County veterinarians tried to save the dog, but it died. It just makes my blood boil.

I know some guys here are just having fun stirring the pot and spouting off........
The rest of you - leave the wildlife alone. :paddle:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i used to care about the appearance of my car and then i realized i have absolutely no control over the weather or what people/animals do so i just keep it the best i can but i dont get butthurt every-time something walks on it when im parked outside on the street.

I even have a garage but i just am sometimes to lazy to wait for the door to open and just park in the drive way.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
A pitbull terrier, stabbed multiple times, stuffed in a suitcase, and left to die, in an alley. Police found it, still alive. County veterinarians tried to save the dog, but it died. It just makes my blood boil.

I remember this story. It was closer to my neck of the woods than Miami.
Unfortunately the dog died after a few surgery... If they ever find the person/persons that did this i would prefer mob justice over the slap on the wrist they will get for animal cruelty.

Warning semi-graphic photo.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
I remember this story. It was closer to my neck of the woods than Miami.
Unfortunately the dog died after a few surgery... If they ever find the person/persons that did this i would prefer mob justice over the slap on the wrist they will get for animal cruelty.

Warning semi-graphic photo.

Hey, lilonespaz.........thanks for posting the pic; yes, that's the one, poor guy. And the nailed cat I saw was pretty bad, ABC news briefly pictured it but then took it down, it was a bit too much. I'd love to be the one to pass sentence on people that do this....

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Hey, lilonespaz.........thanks for posting the pic; yes, that's the one, poor guy. And the nailed cat I saw was pretty bad, ABC news briefly pictured it but then took it down, it was a bit too much. I'd love to be the one to pass sentence on people that do this....

You can talk about it all day but some people wont understand the pain until they physically see it. Everybody likes to be a tough guy on the net but i just dont see why anyone would be cruel to an animal especially as something as trivial as walking on their car.

The only humane thing i saw was the sonic things than make a high pitched noise to keep the cats and dogs out of your property.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
You can talk about it all day but some people wont understand the pain until they physically see it. Everybody likes to be a tough guy on the net but i just dont see why anyone would be cruel to an animal especially as something as trivial as walking on their car.

The only humane thing i saw was the sonic things than make a high pitched noise to keep the cats and dogs out of your property.

True, and those make sense. Something's wrong with people nowadays, though....everyone seems to want to go to extremes, using guns/knives/poisons, whatever lethal weapon, for something minor.

When I was a kid, I'd throw water out of a window onto some squalling cats that had gotten into a fight. It was hilarious watching how the cats reacted, seeing how they hate water, I laughed my ass off. But, water doesn't injure them, and after a couple soakings, they stayed away.

Sauce118

Ready to race!
oh, man. Some of you are just being sarcastic and silly, I know. Sadly, some aren't.
Are they over reacting - yep. Not even strong enough. keep things in perspective.

How old are you people??? A cat sits on your car, oh my GODDDD! A dog pisses on your tires just wet-shined.....a mockingbird just crapped on that freshly shined hood. AAAAACK!!! Quick, kill the damn things, my day is ruined, I'm in OCD overload, my shiny car is destroyed....

Do y'all have any REAL problems? Heart attack? Stroke? Job loss? Home foreclosure? Nasty divorce? I can't imagine how y'all would react if something REALLY life-changing smacked you upside your heads.

I have plenty of real problems to deal with, which exactly why I wouldn't want to have to deal with a stupid cat scratching my car. and they do scratch the car, I have seen my old neighbor's beemer hood all scratched up from his own cat. It would sit on the hood all the time because it was warm I think.. If it happens one time its not a big deal, but everyday to have a cat sitting on your car that you put more money that its worth into, can turn into a big deal real quick in my book. I was being sarcastic about some things, but to say its not a big deal and that we need to find some "real" problems to care about is arrogant. You spend all day at work making multi-million dollar decisions that affect millions of people, then when you get home you finally make it to the recliner just to look out side and see a cat scratching away at your hood. And this is not something he should worry about? Give me a break. I guess some people just take more pride in their shit that others. Like I said if it was a one time thing then it wouldn't be worth fussing over, but constantly is another beast all together IMO.

Sauce118

Ready to race!

I didn't mean to +1 the name calling, I was gearing my agreement towards the statement after, apologies if that came across wrong. I agree, you have to do something: get a cover, garage, throw snowballs, whatever.... but the fact that its disregarded because it shouldn't be a bid deal is crazy to me.

Sauce118

Ready to race!
Thanks for the kind words, sauce. I appreciate it. As difficult and terrible as is to do, I think I’m going to be even more vigilant and the next time that I catch him in the act I’m going to hit the panic button. Hopefully that will give him enough of a heart attack that he doesn’t want to do it again.

I figure it will probably scratch my hood, but nothing that I can’t buff out. It’s already scratched from where it has gotten up there the two times since the jewel polish and jetseal. The entire rest of the car is completely swirl and hologram free except where the cat was chilling. If I have to correct it anyway, I would rather only have to do it once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right!? I would think if you got in the pattern of hitting panic every time it gets up there, it would associate your car as a bad thing and stay away. Maybe that would be the most "catane" (derivative of "humane" lol) thing to do!

Phur

Autocross Champion
I have plenty of real problems to deal with, which exactly why I wouldn't want to have to deal with a stupid cat scratching my car. and they do scratch the car, I have seen my old neighbor's beemer hood all scratched up from his own cat. It would sit on the hood all the time because it was warm I think.. If it happens one time its not a big deal, but everyday to have a cat sitting on your car that you put more money that its worth into, can turn into a big deal real quick in my book. I was being sarcastic about some things, but to say its not a big deal and that we need to find some "real" problems to care about is arrogant. You spend all day at work making multi-million dollar decisions that affect millions of people, then when you get home you finally make it to the recliner just to look out side and see a cat scratching away at your hood. And this is not something he should worry about? Give me a break. I guess some people just take more pride in their shit that others. Like I said if it was a one time thing then it wouldn't be worth fussing over, but constantly is another beast all together IMO.

Absolutely!

I mean, I still get pissed when I just see the cat in my back yard even before it decided that my car was its favorite seat, but not enough to rant about on a forum. I am not alone. My wife gets pissed as well. Because something is intruding in our space. Is this healthy? No. But that doesn’t make it imaginary. These are triggers for both of us for very real and clear reasons that stem from the fucked up situations that we both were born out of and survived, luckily.

You can’t know details that are unspoken.

*I am definitely NOT siding with the abuser here...*

In the case of that pit bull, for instance, people say “For no reason.” I don’t believe that to be true. Just because we don’t know the reason does not mean that it doesn’t exist. It could be mental health issues. It could be transference of the pain that they themselves have endured at the hands of someone else. It could be that it bit their daughter after many complaints to the owner about it being aggressive and nobody doing anything about it. The news never tells about this stuff because it gets more of a reaction without.

The most affecting movie that I have ever seen is actually on animal cruelty. It is called “Earthlings”. If you are into the topic, have a strong stomach and don’t mind some nightmares I “recommend?” it. As much as you can recommend something like that.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I had a savannah monitor as a teenager. She ate mice... live mice... two a day... every day. There were a few times that I ran out before being able to make the drive out of town where I could buy them in bulk. So I went downtown to get some at my local pet shop only they too were out. So I got gerbils. The people working there were super not into it. It’s fine to feed it mice, but if it has a furry tail, hell no! ??? This just makes no since to me at all.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Try this .... .

Try this,... Go to Bass Pro and buy a bottle of Fox Pee for a couple $ and put a drop or two on the cowl below the windshield.

Antman1

Passed Driver's Ed
My cat climbs on my car. Pisses me off but I noticed she also climbs on the neighbors WRX so I guess I can live with it.