GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Edition GTI Owners...

SilverSurferS4

Passed Driver's Ed
Did anyone actually receive the certificate of authenticity for their vehicle purchase?

Ive read this…"For those who can wait a bit longer, VW will follow up early in the second quarter with a more richly equipped -- and pricer -- GTI Driver's Edition. Building on the Wolfsburg Edition kit, it adds the GTI Sunroof and Navigation package and partial leather seat coverings. It also comes with a Certificate of Authenticity plus a special GTI swag set that includes a hat, keychain, and parking sign. VW will bring 3,000 GTI Driver's Edition models to America. Pricing will start at $30,490 with the DSG-equipped variant commanding $31,590."

However the dealer I got my car from has no idea what Im talking about. If someone out there has one can you post a picture or something that I can show my dealer.

Jaber

Modero
It's not sent from the dealer. My dealer didn't mention anything, I stumbled across it on the internet.

But I got my package with the D.E. stuff (key chain, GTI hat, GTI water bottle, letter of authenticity, with a nice folder and box) 2 weeks or so after the purchase. So most likely comes directly from VW.

If you look around the forum, there was a thread about it. Limited on time right now, otherwise i'd look it up for you.

BlueMk3VR6

Passed Driver's Ed
I have asked the same thing when I purchased my DE on Jan. 12th....the salesman had no clue what I was talking about.

NBACousinVinnie

Ready to race!
Yes, I received the swag set within 30 days of taking delivery of my D.E. -- totally worth it. It makes me feel important, and gosh darn it, I am important!

Cool GTI box is repurpose-able
GTI_1_012914.jpg

Made in: Wolfsburg, Germany
GTI_2_012914.jpg

Certificate of Authenticity - "Extremely Limited Run"
GTI_3_012914.jpg

Quality leather used in the key chain
GTI_4_012914.jpg

Read it and weep...
GTI_5_012914.jpg

GTI_6_012914.jpg

*edit for pics*

Last edited:

BlackGTI13

Ready to race!
Same thing for me. Asked the dealer, but they didn't know. Roughly 2-3 weeks later the box appears.

I sound like I'm jealous and bitter I know. I so wanted VW to send me a Swag Set for my Autobahn:

Anyhow, instead of some SWAG Set, perhaps VW should have used that money to give the swag Drivers Ed. KESSY and a Dynaudio Premium stereo (or atleast Fender).

If not that, then maybe the Autobahns sweet Alloy dash and door trim.

Ok OK, I want that SWAG Kit.

The German Engineering thing is really getting old. I hear they're gonna milk that again this Sunday. SMH

BlueMk3VR6

Passed Driver's Ed
I called VWOA this morning about something and also asked them about the "Swag Kit"...they stated that it gets mailed out about 4-6 weeks after the car purchase. I should be getting mine approx. end of Feb.

ws6616

Ready to race!
i got mine yesterday. i bought the car on 1/9 so about 4 weeks include shipping. i think it's shipped from the east coast and im in kalifornia so... maybe 3 weeks for them to ship?

BlueMk3VR6

Passed Driver's Ed
i got mine yesterday. i bought the car on 1/9 so about 4 weeks include shipping. i think it's shipped from the east coast and im in kalifornia so... maybe 3 weeks for them to ship?

purchased mine 3 days after you did and still don't have my "Swag kit". I got to give them a call again :paddle:

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I received my SWAG kit. The only thing I have used out of it was the baseball cap. I'm sure the X of 3000 certificate will be negated by the fact that I modified the car and have plans to modify it some more!

EDIT: In lieu of the SWAG kit and Soundaktor, I would have opted for LED tails on the vehicle.

Last edited:

BlueMk3VR6

Passed Driver's Ed
...finally got mine last night.