GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stage 1 gti vs turbo civic

MK6BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
just wondering how my gti would do against my friends honda civic. i believe its a k20 with a turbo and he says it weighs 2500 pounds. he got it dynoed today and it put down 310hp and like 220torque

i have an apr stage 1 gti that claims 265hp and around 310 torque.

what would be the results in a drag and roll?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Those are the results from a dyno? If so, then that should be whp/wtq results. He will most likely beat you if that's his power to the wheels because stage 1 for us is about 220ish whp? And not exactly sure on wtq but he will most likely have more top end man. Plus he is also lighter, power to weight ratio [emoji17]

From a drag, you better hope he doesn't have an LSD, but most importantly you gotta hope you have good tires so you won't spin out. From a roll who knows lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red_stapler

Ready to race!
Yeah, you'll need stage 2+ to have any hope of competing with a Civic that puts down 310.

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
I have a K04 MK6 running APRs V3.1 tune. If those are the wheel numbers you'll get dusted. My dad has a SC & after-cooled RSX-S running E85 putting down similar #'s. He doesn't have a problem keeping up with me and I have a DSG.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

MK6BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting, I thought I might be able to get him on a drag due to the difference in torque

red_stapler

Ready to race!
Interesting, I thought I might be able to get him on a drag due to the difference in torque

Keep in mind the Civic is high revving, so it makes more torque than the dyno suggests via shorter gear ratios.

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Torque only tells part of the story; your torque curve certainly helps give you more room for error. Really though, you're going to be concerned with power which is torque over time. If the civic driver can actually drive he can keep within the upper portion of the power band where his power output is much greater than yours. From there it's the HP to weight ratio and having proper traction. The Civic driver def needs to know how to drive in a standing 1/4mi race, if it's a rolling street run you'll get walked :/

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
This helps put things in perspective, I have a tuned DSG and it dropped into 2nd while my dad stayed in 3rd off the start. My MK6 is FBO with the APR K04 kit and tune running on 93oct.

https://youtu.be/Hu4JO-BC_ro

MK6BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting, but disappointed as I thought it might be close. Crazy how much power these Civics could put down turbo'd. My buddy texted me today saying that he thinks his HP is closer to 360hp, I had no idea you could get them that high.

EuroMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Heres a good comparison for you. My stock turbo mk6 gti 6-speed vs buddies ek coupe (around 2500lbs). He has a B20 swap with a GT3076R turbo he was on 11-12psi here. Civic makes around 290whp.

My car is Eurodyne Maestro Tuned by me on 93/E85 mix stage 2 clutch/flywheel, downpipe, intake ect.

For reference my best pass in the 1/4 mile was a 13.03@109.37MPH on all season tires. As you can see he got me about a car up top. Good luck though man if you run.

https://youtu.be/a0dBCi1c804

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Heres a good comparison for you. My stock turbo mk6 gti 6-speed vs buddies ek coupe (around 2500lbs). He has a B20 swap with a GT3076R turbo he was on 11-12psi here. Civic makes around 290whp.

My car is Eurodyne Maestro Tuned by me on 93/E85 mix stage 2 clutch/flywheel, downpipe, intake ect.

For reference my best pass in the 1/4 mile was a 13.03@109.37MPH on all season tires. As you can see he got me about a car up top. Good luck though man if you run.

https://youtu.be/a0dBCi1c804
You're not the average stock turbo GTI haha. Been watching your vids on YouTube man, pretty good stuff!

EuroMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha thanks man! But that just puts things in even more of a perspective for the OP. He will get destroyed... Bad. But if its all in good fun who cares go for it. He may miss a shift or 2 lol. And thanks again man!