GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dope by Committee - johntesi's Black GTI

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
Only like black cars when I see others with it... But your GTI looks nice & clean the last picture came out perfect, job well done.

i like how its sitting alot! i wish this was my car :( but r-tails maybe? if not ur cup of tea i i understand.

Keep it up!

johntesi

Ready to race!
Thanks all!
R Tails are definitely a "want", but at 700 bucks, hard to justify ahead of a few other things such as a FMIC and K04 setup... ;)

JhnR

Banned
i love your car!! you can get those Spyder LED tails, they're pretty decent for the price they look very similar to the OEM R LEDs.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Great coilovers. I'm with you on front heavy mods, do the big ones first and the smaller details later. Those are the one that make your car stand out in the crowd.

NyteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Randoms from the gas station:

sipping that $4.47 91 Octane... Texas has it so good.

sorry to hear that price for 91.. just filled up 3.89 for 93 octane & they pump it for me :)

love the ride though.

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
Thanks all!
R Tails are definitely a "want", but at 700 bucks, hard to justify ahead of a few other things such as a FMIC and K04 setup...

Johntesi, I feel the same way hope to see the price drop some day so I can get them... But to spend $700 don't see it. But the way everyone is getting them it will be supply on demand so the price will stay @ $700. I'll be patience on this until further notice.

hpa-gtii

Ready to race!
Dope ride dude! I'm aiming for a similar setup. How's the APR TBE, did you loose some torque in the power band?

johntesi

Ready to race!
confused your avatar info shows California, the plate is texas....where are you?

I'm in California now, from Texas.

Black plate = way better.
Texas emissions/tint/modding laws = way better.

In Texas we have 93 Octane and it doesn't cost $4.50 a gallon. But I can't snowboard in Texas. ;)

Dope ride dude! I'm aiming for a similar setup. How's the APR TBE, did you loose some torque in the power band?

I did not notice any loss of torque. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "loss of torque in the power band", but any negligible loss due to the 3" piping over 2.5" is completely erased by the mountain of responsiveness, power, and torque gained with a downpipe and catback exhaust, not to mention a stage 2 tune. Maybe on a completely stock GTI you would get different results, but I am very satisfied with my exhaust. I've posted more in-depth reviews on the RSC setup for other threads before, but generally, it rocks.

Last edited:

hpa-gtii

Ready to race!
Thanks for the feedback dude!

I'm in California now, from Texas.

I did not notice any loss of torque. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "loss of torque in the power band", but any negligible loss due to the 3" piping over 2.5" is completely erased by the mountain of responsiveness, power, and torque gained with a downpipe and catback exhaust, not to mention a stage 2 tune. Maybe on a completely stock GTI you would get different results, but I am very satisfied with my exhaust. I've posted more in-depth reviews on the RSC setup for other threads before, but generally, it rocks.

johntesi

Ready to race!
Weather wasn't good for real photography, so I whipped the camera out a couple of times on the way up for a hike today...
GTI in nature.

Hairpin switchbacks so sharp 2nd gear is too high...

Still not the photoshoot I owe this car, but half the fun of journals is the picta4rzzZ right?

Last edited: