GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 6 - Ticking/Clicking noise

vwkiwi

Tommy

Tommy i feel your pain - although i have not had as many issues as you I know what you are going through.
My DSG was replaced within 3500 kms because of the same noise. My wipers did exactly the same thing - replaced also.
I will note it took 8 weeks for the DSG to be replaced, they were mucking around with software and when that didnt work my response was its a normal noise caused by the breaks.... after harassing them daily, both the dealership and VGA and the threat of legal action on my part they replaced the DSG.

New issue, the car makes a noise like you are opening a door on a 1965 kombi that has all but rusted off when you turn the steering wheel. I now need the steering rack replaced...

I totally hear your lemon comment. Really unhappy myself. Its a fantastic car but i have lost all faith in it. I had a new VE commodore before this and never had one issue, and the service dep was FANTASTIC. VW have a lot of growing up to do in Australia.

Tommy1

Hi There

Whilst its troubling to hear this, its also kind of good to know that I am not the only person experiencing these problems. I wonder if our cars came out of the same batch?

I still haven't had any word from the workshop to let me know what's happening with my car. I hope I don't have to wait 8 weeks for it to be fixed like you... What a shame that you had to go through this too.

I have lost all faith in VW too. I was just thinking that a few months ago I would have encouraged anyone to go and buy one, now I'm telling as many people as I can to avoid VWs like the plague. When will VW realise that they are doing damage to themselves by treating good customers in this manner? If they had of done the right thing and either replaced or refunded I would have been singing their praises. Now that they have treated me like dirt and have threatened to sue me I will never recommend their cars to anyone.

I'm not even allowed to contact them to see what is happening to my vehicle. I'm beginning to wonder who exactly owns the car? Its utterly ridiculous! I could swear that the $40000 came out of MY bank account!

I just want this car and VW out of my life.

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
To be honest...what you're describing (the OP) sounds EXACTLY like what my car does..and it's the control arms clicking we found out in the Cobalt world...although the GM techs say it's normal?? It only seems to happen during load transitions (ie: accelerating from a stop forward or reverse, downshifting and letting off the gas to decelerate)

HowlingMoon

Hi, I am also having some sound coming from the driver's side of the car. It happens when the car is going up an uneven part of the road and there is this creaking sound. In the other forum I am from, one of it's members explained that its actually the sound of the rubber housing at the door and body rubbing against each other when the body of the car flexes and it should disappear within a few weeks. Or alternatively buy the lubricant from VW which they use for the EOS.

Hope it helps...

Tommy1

Ongoing issues with 118TSI

Hi Folks

Finally got my car back after 17 days in the workshop. The DSG was replaced in my car which seems to have made the supercharger screech disappear, whether or not this is just a coincidence I don't know, but I am wondering if there is some correlation? The rattling clunking in the engine bay is still there so I'm having that noise checked out next week. I now think there's an issue with the suspension...

I was also told that there has been a recall on the door bolts on the MK 6 which need to be replaced. You might want to look into this...

TSI688

Ready to race!
i don't know if this has anything to do but i have like a ticking/clicking noise coming from the engine though. i suppose it's normal but i just wanted to check. i have a tsi 90kw highline and when the engine is on there is this clicking noise coming from the engine.

then according the revs the noise starts going faster as per the revs. i don't know if this is normal as i said. but i just wanted to check. thanks in advance.

it's like a rattling noise.

kgbzz1

Passed Driver's Ed
I read through this and I also have the "clunking" sound when going over a speed bump.

I don't think anyone ever came to a conclusion as to the cause or a fix.

Just checking back in to see if anyone ever identified the cause.

K

AB1

GOLF TSI 7Sp DSG - Engine Squeek noise

I have been reading with keen interest in regards to the squeek/chirping noise upon acceleration. Few things that may interest you:
- I bought my car from Essendon VW in Feb
- A few months later recognised this chirping sounds (approx when doing 50-60kph)
- Took back, and was able to replicate issue to dealership
- They fixed the issue by replacing the water pump (said it was common problem at the time (around July this year)
- A few weeks back i noticed the same noise. So i rang the dealership adn said i had the same issue come back
Essendon said the following:
"The water pump is a recognised issue, and they have stopped replacing the water pumps for vehicles with this issue because this is not a long term fix (very common issue). I was told that VW is currently working to find a fix for this issue"

- I then asked how will i be contacted, and i was told i will need to ring up and check with VW in a few months.

I am a little concerned because what if they never find a fix? does this mean i need to accept this defect of the water pump = chirping squeek noise?
What are my rights? what is VW going to do do compensate me for driving a defective vehicle (ok, just a noise but still)???

BTW-rang Geelong VW and they did not know of this common issue, how can this be? should this not be reported to every dealership?

Any advice - i am thinking about ringing VW today to complain - is there a custoemr service line i can call as i do not accept the fact that i have to sit and wait...