GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heated side mirrors

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
How do you activate them? In the manual it says to point it to the icon on the door but when I do it points directly upwards and not at the symbol.

Is it suppose to point to the symbol or just up?

How do you activate them? In the manual it says to point it to the icon on the door but when I do it points directly upwards and not at the symbol.

Is it suppose to point to the symbol or just up?

Just up. Turn/rotate it up past the detent (you have to turn pretty hard) and the heater elements are on. Don't forget to turn 'em off or you'll be buying new elements in a few years.

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Okay, I thought I broke it lol!

Okay, I thought I broke it lol!

Nope. Personally, I wish the icon would turn on when the heaters are on but it doesn't. VW could learn a thing or two from Acura here. Wife's TSX has a much better setup with a nice, simple BUTTON that you push to turn on. It lights up when active. Unfortunately, Honda/Acura didn't put timers on the defrosters during 2003 - 05 for some reason and you can leave the heaters on indefinitely which will shorten their life like our VW's. :thumbdown:

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
My '03 Passat I had did light up when they were on and had a timer...interesting.