GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For those of you who live in places that snow

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Yup. Black ice is something we have to deal with too. Worst thing about it is that you really can't see it coming even in daylight.

I have seen people in front of me hit some and go sliding; that is about the only warning you will get sometimes and that still may be too late.

oh - speaking of snow, this was us a couple of weeks ago when the East Coast got plastered.

And the best way to hide your Mk 6 Golf! (actually, this was my car later that evening after 12 hours of the stuff coming down non-stop)

jgs5607

Ready to race!
Glad we missed that! With the Candy White GTI underneath, it could be mistaken for a snow plow pile :laugh:

Last edited:

woofie2

Ready to race!
I drove on snow/ice for the first time today in my MKVI Golf.

The standard ESP on the US spec Golf TDI is really good, the street was snowpacked with minor icing. I tried several times to skid out or spin the tires, even pulled the hand brake a couple of times trying to skid on the corners. nothing, the car managed to stay going straight with minimal wheel spin.

this is a big improvement over my MKIV Jetta which would spin the tires for a second or skid out before the ESP would start to correct.