GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance shop near Cincinnati, OH?

baggerguy

Passed Driver's Ed
Any recommendations on VW performance shops near Cincinnati for engine & suspension work? Anbody near by that performs fender rolling?

I had TD Performance in Forest Park put on my H&R Supersport springs, but not quite sure if I would want them doing any motor work or tunng.

Looking to maybe do coils in the spring and an APR stage 2 tune when available.

Thanks.

aaconn

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Baggerguy, my name is Aaron I live in Cincinnati also there are few performance shops in-town also there are a few smaller shops owned by friends at mine that do all types of work and are much cheeper than the larger shops.

Also if you haven't already checkout the forum SWOV.org (south western ohio volkswagen) you can get allot of help from the users of the site we have weekly meets now they have slowed due to the weather but many of us have tools and knowledge to do the work ourselves which can save you money. All it takes is getting to know people and getting your hands dirty and some beer! As there are on many forums some people who just cause trouble but forget them if you join and just ask for help and people will lend a hand. I am new to the newer generations so I am still learning about the MK6 I have built many older cars like a mk3 2.0T and VRT plus some rabbits and mk2's. But I have installed my suspension and exhaust in my driveway on my candy white MK6 Golf and really working on your cars not hard just takes some time and patience to learn.

Good friend of mine Mark Bechtold owns Euro-Fixx he used to work at Northland VW for many years their number 513.232.FIXX (3499) the address is 7720 BEECHMONT AVE.

There is Dubwerx is a performance shop the owners name is Kevin they do good work and they are responsible for allot of big builds in the area. I also have two good friends that work there and trust them with my car.
5591 Wooster Pike
Cincinnati, OH 45227-4119
(513) 271-7767

There is also a really good mechanic shop called eurauto, they aren't a performance shop but are great mechanics but do performance work one of the only places I take my cars if I am not doing the work myself. Its a small fenced in shop, complete hole in the wall but they know there stuff. I have been there when there are everything from rabbits to ferrari's in the the garage.
5904 Bramble Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45227-2998
(513) 271-8077

Its a little drive but in louisville ky there is Grossman Tuning which is a great shop that does all types of performance work.
http://www.grossmantuning.com/

Hope this Helps

baggerguy

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the responses guys. Primarily looking for a tune for my '11 when available.

I had the front coil springs installed while I did the rears. Come spring I may be looking at doing some Koni coils - will probably do myself. I have installed the catch can, intake & Magnaflow myself and have been thinking of a downpipe. Just not sure if I can deal with the CEL until a tune is available.

Any recommendations on coilovers? So many to choose from. Koni's and H&R Ultralows seem to get good reviews. Looking to drop an additional 1" over my H&R Supersports. Currently at 24 7/8" GTF and want around 24".

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and be safe during the New Year holidays.

baggerguy

Passed Driver's Ed
Arin,

The VW salesman that I purchased my car from mentioned Dubwerx to me. Are they an APR tuning center. It would be great to have a recommended local shop that can do my performance tune when available. Thanks.

BlackHawk23

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, Dubwerx is an APR tuning center. I got my tune from Doug and almost a year later, I found out he works down at APR's headquarters here in Alabama when I got my RSC installed.