GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feedback Poll on APR Stage 1 Flash

Also vote if you have a stg1 from REVO or GIAC, etc. Just looking for feedback.

• Like OMGZ, it's the most amazing thing ever! Nothing else needed (maybe an intake)

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • VERY good and definitely worth it, but went or will go stage 2 or beyond anyway

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • Did Stage 1, but not that impressed with it.

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Low end loss with stage 2 is a myth, it should be better than stage 1, or at the least, the same.

The myth comes from the fact some naturally aspirated engines will lose torque when going to a larger exhaust system, but will gain top end power. On at turbo car, the turbo is the largest restriction, and has plenty of backpressure. You'll have no loss in torque.

omerkm11

Ready to race!
Low end loss with stage 2 is a myth, it should be better than stage 1, or at the least, the same.

The myth comes from the fact some naturally aspirated engines will lose torque when going to a larger exhaust system, but will gain top end power. On at turbo car, the turbo is the largest restriction, and has plenty of backpressure. You'll have no loss in torque.

In thinking about my ride in that stage 2 car, I think it was misconceiving because it was so smooth. Stage 1 hits hard about 3k, but stage 2 pulls hard throughout the power band.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
I selected "did stage 1, but not that impressed with it" in the poll, although I have not done it to my car.

I did drive a mk6 GTI with Stage 1 and just wasn't for me. The power was good, but just didn't see it being worth the money. I think the GTI is great the way it comes and wouldn't want to mod/change (complicating matters) for what the flash offered.

omerkm11

Ready to race!
I selected "did stage 1, but not that impressed with it" in the poll, although I have not done it to my car.

I did drive a mk6 GTI with Stage 1 and just wasn't for me. The power was good, but just didn't see it being worth the money. I think the GTI is great the way it comes and wouldn't want to mod/change (complicating matters) for what the flash offered.

Plus you have a cayman S....