GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No more dirty exhaust and a new outward view

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
I did a test to figure out how to avoid having my exhaust tips getting so dirty from carbon buildup and my suspicions were correct. I just got back from driving 50 miles and they are still clean all because I took it easy while accelerating and resisting the urge to punch it all the time. Even if I only drive 5 or 6 miles they will still get dirty if I get on it every once in awhile.

I also noticed that I can see the top of the hood from my view in the drivers seat. My 08 GTI didn't allow me the view only because the lip of the dash went up pretty high against the window and the 2010's have a much more conservative rake. I always felt like I was driving a giant windshield since I could never see the hood! LOL!

I believe high boost = rich running mixture = sooty pipes. Keep a wet wip with you whenevr you feel like getting on it.... he he

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
I believe most Stg1 software will also improve tailpipe soot - they all adjust fuel trim to a more lean mixture, which works fine when you're using 91/93 gas (and is a lot of the difference between the 91/93 programs). Leaner mixture = more power, until you get too lean... too lean mixture = asploded engine.

blueiguana

Ready to race!
I believe most Stg1 software will also improve tailpipe soot - they all adjust fuel trim to a more lean mixture, which works fine when you're using 91/93 gas (and is a lot of the difference between the 91/93 programs). Leaner mixture = more power, until you get too lean... too lean mixture = asploded engine.

Plus, a weekly wipe of your exhaust tips, keeps it looking clean.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
awe tips :thumbsup:

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
I never have to use any cleaner on my tips since I wipe them almost daily. Only takes 10 seconds but makes all the difference in the world.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I never use cleaners either. I just wash them when I do my weekly car wash and they wash clean as new. Saves me money, closet space and creates less need for costly chemicals.

jackrenter

I did a test to figure out how to avoid having my exhaust tips getting so dirty from carbon buildup and my suspicions were correct. I just got back from driving 50 miles and they are still clean all because I took it easy while accelerating and resisting the urge to punch it all the time. Even if I only drive 5 or 6 miles they will still get dirty if I get on it every once in awhile.

I also noticed that I can see the top of the hood from my view in the drivers seat. My 08 GTI didn't allow me the view only because the lip of the dash went up pretty high against the window and the 2010's have a much more conservative rake. I always felt like I was driving a giant windshield since I could never see the hood! LOL!

but not punching it, wouldnt be any fun....

lower your seat!!!!, or are you just that tall, heh.

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!

CGameProgrammer

Yeah I noticed the different in front windshields the instant I test-drove a Mk5 Jetta. It's horrible. My Mk6 Golf on the other hand has a pretty decent view.