GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diverter Valve Install Advice needed

Kilo Charlie

Hey everybody,

So I just recently purchased my 2010 mk6 GTI and a week ago I noticed a loss of turbo boost after getting a CEL with code p0299 the car stopped having noticeable boost after 3k rpm, which is normally when I see the car really get after it! The CEL went off on its own but I swear it still feels as if I dont have the power I used to, I dont have a PSI guage installed so I dont know what I am currently boosting at if anything. after some research I saw that the issue could be a boost leak somewhere in the turbo system but the usual suspect is the stock diverter valve. So regardless of whether this is the issue or not I decided to make sure that the diverter valve was up to date and I just ordered and recieved Revision D DV. Now I need some advice because I was just going to buy the tools and pieces needed to perform the install as I do not have a good jack or jackstands to prop the GTI up and I also dont have a socket wrench set. It seems as though I will be spending 150 to 200 by the end of this with the cost of the part and tools included.

That being said I was wondering if you guys think I should spend the money and time to buy the tools and do the install myself or spend a bit more at a euro/import shop and see if they can install the DV I just bought and see if they can verify if there is a boost leak outside of the DV or not. I have done DIY stuff to cars before but not anything related to the car actually moving so I am not sure if I am out of my depth here or not, I just love this car and I dont want to screw it up. Also I was wondering if this could all possibly be in my head and the CEL was just a false positive and my loss of power could be me just getting used to the cars accelleration, in short, if I still had a boost leak wouldnt the CEL stay on? thoughts?

P.S. the replacement DV is a pieburg revision D

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I replaced the dv before. You can do it with jack, jack stands, and the right wrench. Plus it is nice to have jack and stands if you plan on doing any future work for the car. I think it was hex wrench. It can be reached from the bottom of the car underneath, it just takes some patience and hand strength. Be smart and make sure the car is cold. Did mine after driving to a friends house and it was so hot so kept burning my hand. For instructions, look up the gfb dv+ install instructions. It will be basically the same minus taking the old dv apart. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk