GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: RNS-510 Version E + GPS Antenna

lleron

Ready to race!
SOLD on ebay for $600. Radio is in excellent condition besides tiny nick on one part of the screen. Has updated maps, software, and I believe VIM (though I've never tested it). Located in Los Angeles CA.

I'll include an unused GPS antenna as well. Only selling because I'm getting married and could use the cash (I swapped back to a RNS-315).

EDIT: I should also note that every once in a while I got an SD card error (~once a week). I almost solely used my SD card for music, although you can load from an SD card to the internal HD. I also think it may just be my crappy SD card but wanted to mention it.

Last edited:

Coogie

Ready to race!
I have RNS-315 for my 2012 GTI Autobahn. I really like the preset menu that is like a semi circle of those black and red circles. Does the RNS-510 have the same preset scrolling layout?

lleron

Ready to race!
No, the preset menu is a grid similar to the RCD-510. You can see it in the last image. It gives a lot more info than the RNS-315 and has HD radio also.

Coogie

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info. I write software and one aspect is the user interface. The RNS-315's radio preset menu is dramatically more modern and attractive that RNS-510, in my opinion. What's your thoughts?

Good luck with sale and congrats on your engagement!

lleron

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info. I write software and one aspect is the user interface. The RNS-315's radio preset menu is dramatically more modern and attractive that RNS-510, in my opinion. What's your thoughts?

Good luck with sale and congrats on your engagement!

Thanks, and honestly I don't change radio stations enough for me to even notice (or I just use the steering wheel controls). I mostly used an SD card for music. I do like the graphics for XM radio stations though and the album art for all HD radio songs.

lleron

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure it does, although I haven't paid for XM for a while. It also works on the terrestrial stations, and of course the one picture I took doesn't show that...