GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sway bars and end links question

whatsthatguy

Hey guys, got a n00b question. Thinking about getting a rear sway bar for my 2.5L Golf.

Are end links necessary when upgrading the sway bars? I hear great things about them but don't know exactly what their purpose/benefits are.

Also, I'm not sure what the diameters are for the stock sways but I'm thinking about getting 26 or 27mm in the rear and keeping the front stock. Do you think that would be fine?

My car is already lowered with ST-X coilovers. The mechanic at the dealership recommended getting end links for the front sway bar which got me thinking.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Roctre

Ready to race!
The 26-27 are for people who track their car really as it makes the rear end rotate easy on lift off throttle. 24mm is good for a daily.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I have a 24mm rear bar & it is great for my use. Street & twisty back road driving. The only reason I see for adjustable end links is to keep it from being pre-loaded on a lowered car. The spherical ball joints on most of the adjustable end links can get pretty loud after time.

Install the bar to try it & see if you feel the need for adjustable end links. They are easily swapped out if you do feel the need.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
wacky that they refer to it as a 1" swaybar instead of mm like everyone else.

All I can say is dont go with the stiffest one you can get. Itll be too stiff for street and it really decreases your ride quality on the highway and over uneven surfaces