GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS 315

Roaldtm

Ready to race!
I am selling my RNS315 and need some help for future buyers. What coding will be needed on Vag Com for people who doesn't have navigation on their cars? Also where they can find an antenna for the GPS? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I am selling my RNS315 and need some help for future buyers. What coding will be needed on Vag Com for people who doesn't have navigation on their cars? Also where they can find an antenna for the GPS? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ebay might be a good place to start/find the sat antenna module you'll need.

VCDS may not be necessary - depends on some other specs (MY, packages on the car itself, etc)

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
You will need to provide them with the security code for it as it will ask for it when installed in another car.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
You will need to provide them with the security code for it as it will ask for it when installed in another car.

this could be obtained form the dealer - i'd provide a bill of sale to help with the process. Unsure of what the fees would be for them doing that though.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
buyers will need vagcom to enable the MFI directions. also, the buyer will have to unplug the compass below the sharkfin in the back (or else the compass and gps will conflict)

Additionally if this is being installed in a car with a separate BT module you will also need to rewire the mic from the module to the RNS 315 since the RNS 315 has built in bluetooth.

cubeofsoup

They might need an antenna adapter.

Source: me. I just bought a RNS 315 and the antenna connectors don't match up. I am trying to find an adapter that ships from the US so that I don't have to wait 3 weeks for one from China.