GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deck issue after battery charge

kinglfc6

Hey everyone,

Before I get started with the issue it may be important to mention that I have an aftermarket deck (ANS510) that has never had any previous to this.

Last night my car battery died and it would not turnover with a jump start (would not make any noise) I had a Dewalt battery charger so I hooked it up to the car and after an hour I was able to turn it on. I left it to charge over night (charger automatically turns off when battery is fully charged). Now the car is turning on fine, the battery seems to be holding the charge thus far I drove it around a bit today.

The only issue I have is that now the radio will not automatically turn on or turn off. I have to manually turn it on with the power button and manually turn it off with the power button. In addition, the lights on the buttons for the deck will not turn on at all (when I flip the switch for the lights to come on all the interior lights come on except the ones for the deck). I am assuming since the deck is turning on and getting power (although manually) there is not a battery issue, rather it is more likely an issue with the computer/communication with the deck. I could be totally wrong. Any help here would be appreciated.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yes my car threw about 15 low voltage limit exceeded codes when battery was weakened. If the battery cant recover to normal voltage range, you will have to replace it probably

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk