GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KESSY // Keyless Issue Soutions

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
glad i found this thread. Recently ive had issues with the kessy in my car.

every time i get into the car i get a message on the MDF "renew key battery" and the door unlock hasnt been working properly as well. I have also gotten the "key not in range" warning multiple times while being inside the car.

obviously I changed the battery on my keyfob and still got the message. I also tried using my newer keyfob thinking the older one was dying (ive dropped it countless times), still no good.

what do you guys recommend? maybe reset the ECU? My car battery is like a year old. maybe i should change that.

B6JoeS4

Ready to race!
I'm having some issues with my KESSY system in my 2012, hopefully someone can help. I have already replaced the key battery several times. I only have one key so I cannot isolate it to my key.

Issue 1: Sometimes when I get out of the car, the car doors lock automatically. Then if I try to push the lock button on my remote, it doesn't respond and the red light on the key stays on and flashes rapidly, but not in a uniform flash. It's more of a flicker. Since the car is locked I just walk away and all is well. BUT then when i return to the car to unlock it, it will not unlock by touching the handle, I have to use the button on the fob.

Issue 2: Sometimes if I try to lock the car with the key fob, nothing happens. So then of course I try to lock it again....and again...and again. Then, all the sudden the car responds to the command and proceeds to lock itself however many times I pressed the button. It's like an old computer that is slow to interpret commands.

parm1

Passed Driver's Ed
After taking my car in twice for the same issue, and them not being able to recreate it both times, I figured I should find out if I'm the only one....

My Kessy generally works as it should. Occasionally it says 'key out of range' but that only happens a few times per year. However, the issue I have is that the ignition button is often unresponsive; I often have to press it multiple times to start and stop the car, and particularly when starting, I routinely press and hold the button for up to 10 seconds at a time, after which the car remembers what it's supposed to be doing and starts.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's super frustrating as it seems to happen on a regular basis.

amster105

After taking my car in twice for the same issue, and them not being able to recreate it both times, I figured I should find out if I'm the only one....

My Kessy generally works as it should. Occasionally it says 'key out of range' but that only happens a few times per year. However, the issue I have is that the ignition button is often unresponsive; I often have to press it multiple times to start and stop the car, and particularly when starting, I routinely press and hold the button for up to 10 seconds at a time, after which the car remembers what it's supposed to be doing and starts.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's super frustrating as it seems to happen on a regular basis.

Do you have to press it with a lot of force? If so that may be the push button and not the kessy. See https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=430031 on how to clean it.

amster105

I seem to have run into a new problem with my Kessy system lately. It seems like the system is going to sleep shortly after I leave my car and lock it (which I can lock by Kessy).

However when I come back to my car a couple of hours later, I walk up to it and the neither door handle or trunk does anything. The red light does blink though. Once I unlock it from my Key fob, the start button works fine. Nothing in the MFD. Then when I get where ever I'm going, I can lock with Kessy fine also. I also tried opening it by the door handle right after locking it and it worked as expected.

Same behavior is happening on both key fobs. Car battery is ~2 years old, so its possible its early signs of battery dying. But not sure if anyone else has experienced this or knows anything additional here.

TIA

xxmnfamousxx

Hey i know this is a late reply but have you guys come across figuring out the solution ? ive got a 2012 gti and im also getting the "keyless defective" error im trying to figure out where the sensor is and maybe check if its loose. is it just the one in the trunk or is there more?
Annnnd it's back -_-