GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering Wheel Alignment Issues

JSwag420

Ready to race!
On my last week of my warranty (1 month ago), I brought my 2012 in for a steering wheel click issue I was having. Whenever my blinker is on and the wheel turned, there were multiple clicking/snapping sounds coming from the steering wheel area. They said something was wrong with the blinker mechanism and replaced it entirely. I got the car back and it was gone. I believe they even replaced the blinker stalk itself as well because it was lot quieter when it popped back in place.

It's now a month later, and just a few days after getting this fixed, the exact same sound is back and even louder. Additionally, I noticed my alignment is complete f****ed up. In order to drive in a straight line, I have to keep my wheel slightly turned to the right. When I straighten out the wheel, it pulls severely to the left. I just had my alignment done a few months prior and it was perfectly fine until they did some work on the car. While it was in the shop they found a rear mean seal transission leak and repaired that as well. Could them messing around with the steerng wheel/transmission affected my alignment? They had to drop my transmission to repair the leak.

What do you guys think? I'll be bringing it back in a few weeks to show them the problem is back and it was only fixed for what seemed like a few days + my new steering wheel alignment issue. My warranty is expired now, but I'm sure they'll have to fix it considering the warranty work they did was obviously not done correctly.