GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

saxgti

Got the unit installed, it's awesome! There's one weird thing - my overall average miles/gallon on the MFI seemed to get reset. Meaning I was at ~27 pretty steadily, now it fluctuates every few seconds. Would installing this unit cause that to reset? Not too bummed but I'm just curious if it happened to anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mchandler6

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the unit installed, it's awesome! There's one weird thing - my overall average miles/gallon on the MFI seemed to get reset. Meaning I was at ~27 pretty steadily, now it fluctuates every few seconds. Would installing this unit cause that to reset? Not too bummed but I'm just curious if it happened to anyone else.

I would check your firmware version. One of them I had installed the temperature in the radio said 89.6 degrees and the MFI said 90. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the radio version has some effect of the MFI data.

saxgti

I would check your firmware version. One of them I had installed the temperature in the radio said 89.6 degrees and the MFI said 90. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the radio version has some effect of the MFI data.

Yeah I'm thinking it does. The temperature and time is dead on on the new unit. Not a huge deal. That's the only thing I noticed. Thanks!

Jcahs

Alright guys, so I solved my no carplay problem. After a deep search I wound up watching a YouTube video and in the comments saw that somebody was having Bluetooth connection issues along with numerous other problems. Somebody that upgrades the non-carplay units posted a Dropbox link to a firmware update that updates the unit. Downloaded it onto a USB flash drive, inserted it into the RCD330, updated.... FIXED! I NOW HAVE CARPLAY! If anybody else has an issue or has an older version of the firmware let me know and I can put the file along with install directions in my own Dropbox for you. I'm so happy this fixed my unit. I'm going to play around with it for a day and I'll report back. I will say I have to agree with others saying the sound quality sounds much better than the RNS315 I had!

Buttons have not light!really?

bruce_lafleur

Ebay link is the best version, 187b. Good seller, and paypal protection! I bought it him.

Im looking for a rear camera for 187b . Someone have one and works properly?

I bought this and put it in and it totally works..
The people who sold me the head unit had to program it. I power it with a 5amp fuse. The camera is part of a piece that replaces your drivers side license plate light housing..

Last edited:

bruce_lafleur

Also, just out of curiosity .. the only thing that doesn't work on my rcd330g is AM radio. Fm works etc. Anyone else experiencing this?

Jcahs

The people who sold me the head unit had to program it. I power it with a 5amp fuse. The camera is part of a piece that replaces your drivers side license plate light housing..

I bought the radio on ebay at newstart_15. He programmed the radio in case he wanted to put the camera in the future, and I also advised the camera that you mentioned.
The problem is that talking to other sellers of aliexpress, say that a time delay is necessary, like this one.

http://s.aliexpress.com/vAbme6zi

Does it work properly for you, without interruption?

Last edited:

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

Got the same one but haven't installed it yet.. Any bulb errors being it's LED?

bruce_lafleur

I bought the radio on ebay at newstart_15. He programmed the radio in case he wanted to put the camera in the future, and I also advised the camera that you mentioned.
The problem is that talking to other sellers of aliexpress, say that a time delay is necessary, like this one.

http://s.aliexpress.com/vAbme6zi

Does it work properly for you, without interruption?

I've only tested it once because I haven't had a chance to run the wires yet but it worked, and it switched back to normal display once i got back into non reverse gear.
The only thing I noticed is that the part of the cable where video and power split got a little hot. Maybe it's because of amperage tho..

Jcahs

I've only tested it once because I haven't had a chance to run the wires yet but it worked, and it switched back to normal display once i got back into non reverse gear.
The only thing I noticed is that the part of the cable where video and power split got a little hot. Maybe it's because of amperage tho..

When you have tried it more times, tell us how it works and if there is a fault or not. Meanwhile, I will not buy any. Because some say you need delay timer and some not...

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Actually there are two versions on the market the 187A and 187B anybody knows whats the difference?

187A is the base model without CarPlay that is hacked(they install the 187B firmware) to add CarPlay and more ram is soldered on.

187B is the unit with CarPlay from factory.

On 187A the 'Mute' button acts as the 'App' button. Where as 187B actually has an 'App' buttob