GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How can I access EEPROM in the mk6.

fgawly

About to be a Golf owner
Hey guys,

I'm an Egyptian student studying Computer Engineering :thumbdown: and I was experimenting a little bit with my car knowing that I might fuck things up. However I've got myself covered as the workshop I service my car at is less an 1km away as well as having cheap labor and spare parts.. Anyways,

First I bought myself a VCDS clone interface and it is working like charm. "Only couldn't diagnose an Audi TT 2016 for a friend". This forum just taught me a lot and now all of the Mk5/6/Scirocco/Jetta guys depend on me instead of paying like 300LE "$20" per visit to the local workshop.:D:D

For the past week I've been searching how can I enable needle sweep, folding mirrors via key fob and unlocking ECU immo.. :mad0259:
It seems like I must have good knowledge with EEPROM "Electronically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory" Which is true, I can get an EEPROM and using the data sheet I can program it for certain purpose.

However the real question is, how can I access the car's different EEPROMs and program them to enable the needle sweep, folding mirrors....
In my local garage I found them using an ODB2 to Serial cable connected to a cubical device and this device is connected to the computer using USB-C to USB cable. I guess this device is used to read and flash ROMS, Upload remapping files and unlock ECUs. Please help.

lukesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Check the rosstech website for support. They cover programming memory blocks quite extensively.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

fgawly

About to be a Golf owner
Check the rosstech website for support. They cover programming memory blocks quite extensively.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Ross Tech opted not to deal with EEPROMs because of potential bricking of Clusters and ECUs as well as not to deal with retrieveing SKC codes which is used to adapt new keys, clusters and ECUs.