GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > General Car News and Discussions

Old 03-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #15
Sanderzzz
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 Stage 2+ GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
Is the best VW can do a 2.0T engine? I'm getting tired of them dumping this engine into every single model. It's boring... fun for the GTI tuning enthusiast and Golf Rs with the power bump, but a heavy 4-motion full sized sedan? I drove a CC a few times with the EA888 and it was frumpy and boring. They need to jazz things up a bit, and use the VR6 in an interesting way, or start dropping in the 2.5T if they want more forced induction.
Sorry but I 100% disagree with you here. My buddy has the S3 with the IS38 full stage 2 and 4motion and that car is making like 390/405 I think. When he launches that car on a cold day, you can barely move your body. And on the highway, anything less than a tuned AMG/M3 or FI SS/GT can forget about it. The 2.5 would be sick but you can forget that pipe dream. No way audi is sharing its TTS/RS3 tech with anything wearing a VW badge.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #16
mattdibart
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '13 GTI 6sp MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderzzz View Post
Sorry but I 100% disagree with you here. My buddy has the S3 with the IS38 full stage 2 and 4motion and that car is making like 390/405 I think. When he launches that car on a cold day, you can barely move your body. And on the highway, anything less than a tuned AMG/M3 or FI SS/GT can forget about it. The 2.5 would be sick but you can forget that pipe dream. No way audi is sharing its TTS/RS3 tech with anything wearing a VW badge.
people wouldn't buy that car to tune and make it fast, they want to buy a car that is decently quick from the factory. Not everything VW needs to be modified. There are more people who just want a refined car with enough stock power to get them from point A to B and not have to worry about reliability and warranty problems.
mattdibart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #17
Sanderzzz
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 Stage 2+ GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdibart View Post
people wouldn't buy that car to tune and make it fast, they want to buy a car that is decently quick from the factory. Not everything VW needs to be modified. There are more people who just want a refined car with enough stock power to get them from point A to B and not have to worry about reliability and warranty problems.

No not everyone wants to tune their car but the point is nothing is stopping VW from exploiting all that headroom for a top of the line model. APR and all these other tuners aren't pulling a rabbit out of the hat and doing things VW can't from the factory
Old 03-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #18
lilonespaz
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
No not everyone wants to tune their car but the point is nothing is stopping VW from exploiting all that headroom for a top of the line model. APR and all these other tuners aren't pulling a rabbit out of the hat and doing things VW can't from the factory

I read an article that said they were going to explore a vr6 option for this car.. not sure how true that is but its somewhere in print that they were thinking about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #19
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Would be cool if they did, but unfortunately the VR6 in its 3.2 form is pretty pacified. It would need the 3.6 for any decent torque curve, and even then, 6 cylinder engines in general need to step up their game as boosted 4's kill them in power numbers and mpgs.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:44 AM   #20
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
I read an article that said they were going to explore a vr6 option for this car.. not sure how true that is but its somewhere in print that they were thinking about it.
Yeah in the concept car 2 years ago, they had a V6 turbo hybrid setup with 2 electric motors:
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/vws...at-bigger.html
Old 03-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #21
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 130k+
I don't understand the draw for coupe looking sedans, you lose the headroom and functionality. Looks like another lame Passat variant to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:03 PM   #22
Stinger
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: stick 4d CSG '11 Mk6
Carbon copy of the Renault Talisman....
APR Stage 1 (V2.1)::RSR-like clutch::Magnaflow catback::Sigma 6 SS::Bilstein B14 PSS::H&R 26mm fsb, 22mm rsb::Tyrol sub frame kit and front brake stiffener kit::UB UNIbrace::R8 coilpacks::LED taillights::Michelin PSS 235/45 on JNC 17x8 et30::
Audio - Eonon GA5153F::Focal Integration Plug & Play::JL Stealthbox 10TW3::JL XD 700/5 amp
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:04 AM   #23
mattdibart
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '13 GTI 6sp MT
Quote:
no car company maxes out their engines potential. They still need worry about reliability. They know that people buying VWs aren't looking for a ton of power and they know they have found that sweet spot where people driving the car are satisfied enough with the current output of power. VWs are already unreliable as is, no need to make them even more prone to issues. People on this site with modified cars generally take care of their cars to a much higher degree than the general consumer. Could you image people with stage 1 or 2 gtis treating it like any other car, running 87 octane, getting oil changes when they get around to it.... not a pretty sight.
mattdibart is offline   Reply With Quote