GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clap noise front suspension. HELP

toilet

Hello Sorry for my english..

I have a insane noise at the front on the pasanger side.
Well the noise is random.. but when the suspension rapidly stretching.. i have my F"(/)%/( NOISE :(

My only modification are my springs " eibach pro kit"

I replace the shocks , strut mount, bearing, and the sound continue. I

I get out the 2 end link, because i was thinking that de swaybar was death.. but the noise is there..

And my last try to solucionate was tight al the bolts of the subframe and chance the back bolt M12x1.5x110 and replace with the passat B6.

The noise is on the right .. like strut zone..

And when the car is cold I don`t hear anything but when i ride 1 hour or is a very hot day I hear very frecuently.

What can I tride? engine mount? spacer on the subframe?

tks to all... and sorry another time for my english.

Nacho

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Interesting, I am also on pro kit springs (and koni yellows) and I hear a similar noise from passenger side sort of like a "click" or "snap" sound but I could see how "clap" might work too. I also have new strut mounts, new and proper torque on end links, all bolts checked although I have not attacked the subframe yet.

Since we have the same springs now this has me wondering. Maybe the passenger side spring is jumping in the mount a tiny bit causing the click noise?

Anyone have any insight for me and nacho?

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Are you re using oem spring isolators or does eibach provide new ones?

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Is it like a pop or ting noise? It could be spring bind that aftermarket springs and coilovers are prone to. I have coilovers with 034 strut mounts and skf bearings and have the pop or ting noise sometimes at very low speeds when turning the wheel near full cock.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I get my ting noise after accelerating from a stop to about 30-40 and then letting off the throttle. Count 1...2.... Ting! Random I know. Also sometimes from drive to reverse I can get it to make noise. So hard to reproduce though.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Avoid the clap - Jimmy Dugan

toilet

hello.. tks to all.
My noise is only in slow speed like 20 km/h when al kit a speed bump.
Never heard when turning the steering. So I don`t think is the same noise that a lot of people has.

The rare thing is that only hear in the passanger side never in the driver side.

My spring don`t have isolation . Hear in Argentina we put garden hose in the spring ..

I try with another brand of spring and the same noise :( .. So is not the spring. Maybe the spring and my shock don`t like.

And the noise ONLY sound when the car is HOT.. never en cold start.. 30 minutes after I star in cold start sound the first clap noise of the day..

The problem is that I put a lot of money and the sound is allways there :(

Tks to all