GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**6th Official OEM Golf R LED Tail GROUP BUY**

shiftymk6

If you bought those, you bought the Hella versions, which are OEM supplier but without the VW stamp on them. Just fine. Sadly, they only come in cherry, not tinted.

However, if you're going that route, you should just buy from the BKS site...it's cheaper than ebay ($629) and adapters and shipping are included.

http://www.bks-tuning.com/epages/17...1/Products/VWGOL099/SubProducts/VWGOL099-0001

For whatever reason, every time I added the $629 headlights from the BKS site, it added a very expensive shipping cost to the total, making the ones from eBay cheaper.

AUDI JUICE

Ready to race!
So if they dont have "dark" cherry, where the hell do we get the darker shade from? What have you guys found to be the best source for these (aside from ECS)?

shiftymk6

So if they dont have "dark" cherry, where the hell do we get the darker shade from? What have you guys found to be the best source for these (aside from ECS)?

I believe the BKS Tuning website has the Dark Cherry OEM LED Tails for around $660. Use the side menu on their site to navigate to MK6 -> Lighting. Should be on that list.

shiftymk6

Going to wait for you to get yours before I go through with anything on eBay. Just worried that it's some store front using the BKS logo and images, but isn't them. Should be shipping from Germany. Please keep us informed, as I will gladly order from the eBay store, since shipping through the BKS site put it at around $120.. WTF?

Well, finally got them today, installing took me a little over an hour (unpacking, removing the carpet, uninstalling, installing).

So before I get to the pictures, I just wanted to say that these took quite a long time to get to me, at first, DHL gave me the estimated delivery date of June 12th - June 16th, but it turns out DHL is not DHL.de so yeah. I purchased them on June 5th, shipped on June 10th, arrived today, June 23rd.

Had some fitment issues, I think it's either due to the poor construction of the car's frame/body, or poor fitment from the tail lights, or maybe I just rushed to get these on before the sun went down. I may have another look at them in the future..
Here's the link to the imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/s4Jco

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
I guess the lesson to learn is take pics of your stockers before removing. Said issues may exist beforehand, and be seen in the LED light fitment
Don;t look terrible, but I'd mess with them more. See if you can use cardboard to shim them into place, then secure? From what I remember, the whole outer light assembly is held in by a single thumb screw. Even with guides, that's a lot of light to get just right without the ability to prop it.

shiftymk6

I guess the lesson to learn is take pics of your stockers before removing. Said issues may exist beforehand, and be seen in the LED light fitment
Don;t look terrible, but I'd mess with them more. See if you can use cardboard to shim them into place, then secure? From what I remember, the whole outer light assembly is held in by a single thumb screw. Even with guides, that's a lot of light to get just right without the ability to prop it.

Yeah the outer lights were the exact problem since it's held in by 1 thumb screw, another reason why I don't think the fit is right is because it could be the clip placement since there are two clips that hold the outer light as well.

I posted the album in the "what did you do to your mk6 today?" thread and some folks said it looked alright. So we'll see..