GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emissions and forcing 02 readiness

Jacris

Ready to race!
Gotcha, I have that setting to try and hopefully that's it

I have been through all the shit you are going thru. Stop playing with spacers. My 42DD spacer did nothing.

- make sure you have a non- test file installed
- set to stock mode
- drive to test center
- run readiness test in parking lot of test center ( about 20 min)
- test car

Unless the tech dives your car to lunch the CEL should not come on in the time it takes of pull into the shop.

The process above worked for me after two failed attempts and many calls to APR, my tuner, and reading threads on this forum. I still had the catalyst not active, but I am allowed to have one sensor out.

v.b

Ready to race!
I have been through all the shit you are going thru. Stop playing with spacers. My 42DD spacer did nothing.

- set to stock mode
- drive to test center
- test car

Unless the tech dives your car to lunch the CEL should not come on in the time it takes of pull into the shop.

The process above worked for me after two failed attempts and many calls to APR, my tuner, and reading threads on this forum. I still had the catalyst not active, but I am allowed to have one sensor out.

This strategy will work for states/counties that allow 1 not ready monitor. I am only going to try a few more things before I resort to this.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie

- set to stock mode
- drive to test center
- test car

how do you run a readiness test if you don't have a ross tech cable?

bluerabbit0886

Passed Driver's Ed
Why not just swap for the stock downpipe for the emissions test and swap back?

All this messing with spacers and shit seems like a giant waste of time. You could have just swapped the stock pipe and already had the test done...

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic

All this messing with spacers and shit seems like a giant waste of time. You could have just swapped the stock pipe and already had the test done...

Agreed, that is what I did. Go for the sure thing, passed no problem just swapped my 42DD TBE for stock TBE.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
how do you run a readiness test if you don't have a ross tech cable?

Keep in mind that your system must be ready capable (functioning properly) to get to a "passed" state whether you use the cable or just drive the car.

Ross Tech
It takes a variety of specific driving conditions to "test" all the systems. It can be done in a short time using a very specific and complicated procedure found in the On Board Diagnostic section of the Factory Repair Manual for your engine. The alternative is just to drive the car for 2-3 days. Make sure you include at least one short highway trip, and your Readiness Bits should all read "Pass" again.

james9120

Go Kart Champion

Us K04 guys cant because of the extra 02 sensor that's relocated from the K03, onto the downpipe.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Us K04 guys cant because of the extra 02 sensor that's relocated from the K03, onto the downpipe.

You can modify a stock CCTA downpipe to hold all 3 sensors in the right location and have a swapable stock downpipe for your K04. The price you have to pay to mod.

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
Been a while since I thought about this.... So if I have a CCTA K04 it's probably easy for me to just swap back to the stock downpipe and run the stock K04 tune, yes?

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Ross Tech
It takes a variety of specific driving conditions to "test" all the systems. It can be done in a short time using a very specific and complicated procedure found in the On Board Diagnostic section of the Factory Repair Manual for your engine. The alternative is just to drive the car for 2-3 days. Make sure you include at least one short highway trip, and your Readiness Bits should all read "Pass" again.

This is good to know, thanks for posting this!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Been a while since I thought about this.... So if I have a CCTA K04 it's probably easy for me to just swap back to the stock downpipe and run the stock K04 tune, yes?

Yes, you will pass visual and readiness with the CCTA downpipe in place assuming you have added the bung and O2 sensor onto the CCTA pipe.
And assuming you don't have a tune that messes with readiness.

I passed with K04 in place and my DriverMotorsport K04 tune with a stock downpipe in place. DM does not mess with readiness but other tunes might you just need to check with whoever you got your tune from to see if they do anything to readiness. Some APR tunes do, not sure about others. You will need to call APR to find out about you specific tune, if it is designed to work with a test pipe (no cats) it would not pass readiness test no matter what you do because the tune would prevent it.

Last edited:

goose1

Ready to race!
Not sure what spacers are on my downpipe as I bought it used but I'm CBFA and was aple go have full emissions readiness without a cat on Unitronics stock file. I'm not sure if they do a visual here in New York.

sent via carrier potato