GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official K04 Club (Experiences and Troubleshooting)

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
Lol well final big one for a bit with new born finances and all :p

FYI: I found the DSG + K04 wasn't happy with the stock engine and tranny mounts. I ended needing the subframe, engine and tranny mount upgrades to avoid wheel hop on launches. Depending how you run the car, YMMV.

Got like 20K on my K04 now, loving it.

clownish

just clowning around
FYI: I found the DSG + K04 wasn't happy with the stock engine and tranny mounts. I ended needing the subframe, engine and tranny mount upgrades to avoid wheel hop on launches. Depending how you run the car, YMMV.

Got like 20K on my K04 now, loving it.

Which mount set did you use? I've got a tuned DSG and k04 and I was getting insane wheel hop on summers even with my hpa 75a subframe mount. I'm thinking more nvh is okay if I can lay down the power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
Which mount set did you use? I've got a tuned DSG and k04 and I was getting insane wheel hop on summers even with my hpa 75a subframe mount. I'm thinking more nvh is okay if I can lay down the power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's in my sig... I got a mixture of mounts.

After a lot of research I went with the VWR Subframe mount since that was the key one for wheel hop and I wanted something solid (no inserts) since I track and since DD I wanted minimal NVH. It's a full replacement, subframe comes entirely off. This mount probably did most of the work with resolving wheel hop, and the NVH addition was minimal (a low rumble in the wheel at idle which is amazingly soothing to an infant in a carseat, so bonus!). It's $$, but the reviews were good and I also had a great experience with it. I had 034 Motorsport do the work and they did a great install. I added the Tyrolsport deadset subframe kit at the same time.

The VWR engine and tranny mounts seemed like too much $$, so instead I added the 034 Motorsport engine and tranny mounts which made the DSG feel much more planted. I was getting rough shifts without these since the engine was moving a lot more with the K04 torque and I was worried I would damage the DSG from all the motion.

Before the mounts, I did not feel safe in launching the car due to the wheelhop and transmission jumping/clunking. Now the car feels great. I can launch in auto-x without wheel hop, just spin, and the shifts feel like butter again.

black power

Passed Driver's Ed
I know there are quite a few individuals with a good bit of mileage on the k04, but I'd like to get an idea if possible. I'm a father to be and I want to have this as my final big mod for a bit. If you don't mind let me know where you are in mileage since install :)

Since installed 40k KM, im completing two years with it with no issues.
DO IT!!

aregister

Ready to race!
I just installed the bsh dv relocate with synapse dv and the bsh TBP. I have a bsh race intake. I kept the stock dv as it was "relocated" as part of the cts k04 that I have. I just blocked off the return port with the base of the intake. Is this a bad idea? I took it for a test drive and feel like I'm getting less power than before. My boost gauge isn't reaching as high either.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
what are some of the problems that could cause over-boost?

Installed K04 in November so I've had winter tires on the whole time and haven't been able to get on it very much. During a wot pull about a week ago I hit 30psi which i believe is too much. I wasn't looking at my boost gauge, but it has a light that comes on when it hits 30 (AWE Gauge). I don't think it should ever hit 30 unless i'm mistaken. I will run logs in spring to see boost actual vs boost requested. Thoughts?

aregister

Ready to race!
what are some of the problems that could cause over-boost?

Installed K04 in November so I've had winter tires on the whole time and haven't been able to get on it very much. During a wot pull about a week ago I hit 30psi which i believe is too much. I wasn't looking at my boost gauge, but it has a light that comes on when it hits 30 (AWE Gauge). I don't think it should ever hit 30 unless i'm mistaken. I will run logs in spring to see boost actual vs boost requested. Thoughts?
I've hit 27 easy on a 3rd gear pull, 30 peak doesn't seem too high, depending on the mods you have. Do u have a fmic?

aregister

Ready to race!
I think that might have something to do with it. You're forced flow is channeled pretty well to the intake manifold. There's some fluid physics to it I'm sure, but i wouldn't be worried about 30. If someone says diff I won't argue, but id be thrilled at 30# boost on my k04. Also, apr v3.1 tune is more boost aggressive I hear, if you have that

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I think that might have something to do with it. You're forced flow is channeled pretty well to the intake manifold. There's some fluid physics to it I'm sure, but i wouldn't be worried about 30. If someone says diff I won't argue, but id be thrilled at 30# boost on my k04. Also, apr v3.1 tune is more boost aggressive I hear, if you have that

cool thanks for the insight. I do have the 3.1 tune. I'm not too worried about it. I don't know if it stopped at 30, my gauge only goes to 30. will run logs when its nicer out and see whats up.

privman

Ready to race!
Anyone running cts ko4 kit with apr 3.1v?

aregister

Ready to race!

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I got my K04 in the mail today! Can't wait to get it on.

It's a Revo K04, and I will be using it with a Revo tune :)

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
shop gots my K04 and will starting install tomorrow! CTS turbo kit with revo stage 3 software

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
shop gots my K04 and will starting install tomorrow! CTS turbo kit with revo stage 3 software
Revo :thumbsup:

Sent from deez balls