GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

n00b Intro

2k21.8t

been perusing my way around past couple days. This past weekend I drove to TX to pick up my 2013 R. Carbon Steel Gray Metallic I believe is the color name. Nothing done to it. My buddy got me a pretty nice deal. Even had the windows tinted "from the factory" for me coming out 1500 miles to get it. Gave my sister whiplash in it today. HAHA! This is my first golf ever. So in that regard I know nothing. Hope to chat to you guys soon!

- Matt

wik

Welcome, Matt, and congrats on the new ride. We were all new once, so don't be hesitant to draw upon the great knowledge in this community. We all share the same passion for these cars. Enjoy!

Bill

MKV Aaron1

Ready to race!
research the cam follower, and replace every 10-20k depending on if you have an aftermarket HPFP or not.

welcome

2k21.8t

Welcome. You will love the car, just make sure to use the search button.
Thanks. I come another forum where we preach the search function.
Welcome, Matt, and congrats on the new ride. We were all new once, so don't be hesitant to draw upon the great knowledge in this community. We all share the same passion for these cars. Enjoy!

Bill
Thanks Bill. look forward to improving on my lack of knowledge.
research the cam follower, and replace every 10-20k depending on if you have an aftermarket HPFP or not.

welcome
Haven't done anything to the car YET. Looking to do some stuff soon.
Welcome

If you enjoyed the whiplash you got from the car being stock, a tune will really make your day.
looking forward to it
Congrats on the soon to be scoop!

Welcome to the forum. :)

:)

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Welcome :)

wolverines_fan83

Ready to race!
In regards to the cam follower, if you are going to put an aftermarket intake on that would be a good time to change the follower since the fuel pump is underneath the stock intake/engine cover.

2k21.8t

figured I'd slow you guys what the old one looked like when I took it out last month. Now I understand why I need to be more careful.

sent from my fingers

2k21.8t

Caught it in time. Nice. Have you done any modding yet?
No. When I get $, I need to replace my front front bumper. Both the "o" clips where the torx goes in has turned into a "c" so I'll be swapping that out for a euro front bumper, and also, $ permitting a UM tune. After that, (actually probably before any of the said events happen) I'll be putting her on air. Just need the rear bags/brackets. Looking forward to the madness.

-Matt

sent from my fingers

been perusing my way around past couple days. This past weekend I drove to TX to pick up my 2013 R. Carbon Steel Gray Metallic I believe is the color name. Nothing done to it. My buddy got me a pretty nice deal. Even had the windows tinted "from the factory" for me coming out 1500 miles to get it. Gave my sister whiplash in it today. HAHA! This is my first golf ever. So in that regard I know nothing. Hope to chat to you guys soon!

- Matt

Congrats on the new ride. What 1.8t did you have?