GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Tuning Accessport now Supports 2010-2014 Mk6 GTI!

atlastracer

We cannot verify compatibility with other intakes for the 'Stage 1+SF' mapping, due to potential differences in tubing diameter and filter media.

Marshall@COBB

So it *should* work as long as the intake is the same diameter and of the same quality filter.

This is probably a long shot, but doing some basic tests and publishing compatibility for some of the popular intakes would be awesome.

I am sure many of us already have an intake. No chance I am swapping it for a Cobb one. Same goes for a downpipe.

I think APR just wants a high-flow intake for their Stage 1+, and a high-flow downpipe for their Stage 2. Don't think they specify it must be from APR (I am sure they prefer it was obviously).

drepai

Go Kart Champion
^because they use the stock maf housing, the intake doesn't matter much beyond that unless it's horribly designed or something. looks like cobb used a 3" housing and scaled it in the tune which over complicates things, especially because the OEM housing diameter has been proven to flow well over 600 hp

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Congrats guys and welcome to the VW community! I am always supportive of new tuners that are willing to invest the time in our platform.

panzr15

Ready to race!
Many of us are already tuned with other companies' OTS tunes. If we were interested in switching to your platform, will we need to have our car's ECU flashed back to stock by a shop, before using your Accessport?

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Many of us are already tuned with other companies' OTS tunes. If we were interested in switching to your platform, will we need to have our car's ECU flashed back to stock by a shop, before using your Accessport?

Yes, that goes for any tune switch.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the club guys!

Tell us about protuning. Specifically how your AP handles the plotudinous box codes and software revisions for these cars. If, say, I wrote a conservative (OTS-friendly) k04 tune on my 1K0-907-115-AT S0010 ECU, will I be able to give it to my buddy to load onto a gen 1 EA888 with a different box code?

Our custom data logging can poll up to around 20Hz with 10-15 monitors selected. Polling rates would go down to around 10Hz with 40 monitors selected.

This is REALLY great logging capability for the platform. What's the export file format? txt, csv, other? Care to share a sample file so I can poke around?

Can the Stage 1+ map be used with a non-Cobb intake? (I am sure many folks have an intake already installed, but no tune yet).

No. It's what apa11393 said: The MAF housing on the cobb intake is non-standard. The whole tune is based off this scaling, which is different than others' tunes.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
are there plans to release accesstuner race in the future?

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
So anytime you would change something with a bolt on performance part you will have to go in and adjust the tune from the videos I have watched? Also only are scaled to Cobb's performance parts? Yeah APR and Unitronic and others may be more expensive but they adapt to whatever performance parts are on your car right? I'm still in the dilemma of what tune to go with bur I'd like to wait and see what Cobb comes out with. I'd rather pay more and have professionals do it and will still be tailored to your climate, octane, and the modification parts that are already on my car. Plus, companies like Uni design their program to work like the factory ecu which is always changing all the engine dynamics as you're driving.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah not liking the fact you guys use a different maf size and scale everything to it. Forcing everyone to buy your intake because it wont work with the standard or oem maf housing.

Bit disappointing that you guys come into a market that has been open for 7 years and now decide to write tunes above stage 1 with hardware only you supply to force people to spend more money and changing what they already have, since atleast 80% of the people on here have a intake..and they all use the oem unit or same size as oem, if they want stage 1+ or higher.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Yeah not liking the fact you guys use a different maf size and scale everything to it. Forcing everyone to buy your intake because it wont work with the standard or oem maf housing.

Bit disappointing that you guys come into a market that has been open for 7 years and now decide to write tunes above stage 1 with hardware only you supply to force people to spend more money and changing what they already have, since atleast 80% of the people on here have a intake..and they all use the oem unit or same size as oem, if they want stage 1+ or higher.

I'm using an ECS Tuning intake with the stock MAF housing running Cobb Stage 1+. I don't believe this is an issue? Maybe Cobb can clarify.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'm using an ECS Tuning intake with the stock MAF housing running Cobb Stage 1+. I don't believe this is an issue? Maybe Cobb can clarify.

Cobb has said its not advisable and other have pointed out that it is a 3" housing now and that cobb tuned for the larger housing.

Is there any way you can data log and see if there are any issues with using a more standard intake(AKA ever other intake in the market)?

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
please data log and report fuel trims. every other tune has fuel trim problems when the MAF is either moved, or the diameter is wrong.

i think everyone would agree that one-piece intakes look better than two-piece intakes, but then why does every other established tuner provide two-piece intakes?