GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scratching my head on this one

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
OK so i recently installed a euro switch on my gti with the drl trigger wire. my car did come with halogen but swapped to OEM HIDs... Any way got the switch installed and now my fog lights wont turn on with the switch.using vag-com i can set them as my drl's but with the switch turned it shuts them off and they wont come back on.

I thought it was the trigger wire so i un-hooked it from the switch and still no change. Can someone please help me out. I need some ideas. :mad0259::mad0259:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
The trigger wire is so the parking lights can be used. It has nothing to do with the DRL. Do you have the trigger wire on slot #3 on the switch & slot #19 on the CECM? If you do there is a possibility that the switch is bad.

I have the euro switched hooked up like this & it does work. My fogs are coded to DRL lights as well.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
The trigger wire is so the parking lights can be used. It has nothing to do with the DRL. Do you have the trigger wire on slot #3 on the switch & slot #19 on the CECM? If you do there is a possibility that the switch is bad.

I have the euro switched hooked up like this & it does work. My fogs are coded to DRL lights as well.

ok yes i have it hooked up correctly. I had the switch in the car before the trigger wire and it functioned correctly just with out the parking lights working. Is it possible that the switch went bad after i installed the trigger wire or might I have pulled a wire connection on my cecm?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'm sorry, but I can't say. Guess you could revisit the connections on the cecm, but I doubt that's it. When you do figure this out let us know what it turns out to be.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
I'm sorry, but I can't say. Guess you could revisit the connections on the cecm, but I doubt that's it. When you do figure this out let us know what it turns out to be.

It was a wiring issue on the headlight switch. Somehow the fog light wire got pinched and cut so I added a but connector and some shrink wrap and we are all good.