GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock MkVI GTI vs. Mazda 3 with mods

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Yeah this happens a lot. So many douche bags. I guess you get it a lot too. Usually its Miatas, Jeeps or Civics that do this. Most Speed 3s don't drive like this IME.

For everyone else-this 3 was an older 1st gen body style.

I work in the malvern area, and people down here think you should roll out a red carpet for them...

Had a guy run me off the road this morning, even when i had my horn laid full on and was going off the shoulder he proceeded to come over as if i was in the wrong (2 lane PA TP by KOP Exit)

Seriously people in SEPA, are worse than NY and NJ drivers

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
I raced a mazda 3 when I had my mk6 golf 2.5 and I pulled on it.

but just to repeat what's already been said a hundred times, a stock gti will beat a mazda 3, but will not beat a mazdaspeed 3.

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
I work in the malvern area, and people down here think you should roll out a red carpet for them...

Had a guy run me off the road this morning, even when i had my horn laid full on and was going off the shoulder he proceeded to come over as if i was in the wrong (2 lane PA TP by KOP Exit)

Seriously people in SEPA, are worse than NY and NJ drivers

That sucks man, people need to really chill out. I think SEPA drivers are the worst anywhere. There is just no need for this.

dallen13

Ready to race!
Today I had a guy at a traffic light who wanted to race me. I didn't want to because, well street racing is illegal. So I let the guy go, he got pissed and tried to road rage with me because of that I guess. He pulled in front of me a few times and slammed on the brakes. I just let him go and gave space.
I was just wondering if a NA 2.5 Mazda 3 with mods could be even close to a GTI. All I know about the car is that it had an exhaust.

The most logical post in this section in several days. I commend you OP for your responsible behavior.

JhnR

Banned
Wonder if you have a Dash cam, and someone brakes check you...then you hit them..lol..who's winning

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
The most logical post in this section in several days. I commend you OP for your responsible behavior.

Thanks. I was just more curious on the car. After doing some searching it seems like there isn't much power to be made unless FI. Most performance stuff seems to be geared to the MS3. There are a lot of idiots running around w/ fart can mufflers who think they are race car drivers :laugh:

finallyamused

Ready to race!
Thanks. I was just more curious on the car. After doing some searching it seems like there isn't much power to be made unless FI. Most performance stuff seems to be geared to the MS3. There are a lot of idiots running around w/ fart can mufflers who think they are race car drivers :laugh:

Watch this if you can, it's horrible regular 2.5 mazda3 with what I think is straight pipe all the way - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=707575615928272

I don't know what makes people think anything like that even sounds remotely good...