GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car stalls/wants to stall when taking corners at speed

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
This has happened to me a few times recently. When taking a somewhat sharp corner my car stalls or feels like it's going to stall, and I've had the EPC light come on briefly one time and the check engine light another time. I thought it might have been traction control at first and then maybe the car stalled just due to power being cut while the clutch was still engaged, but I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Any thoughts?

AccelaSX

Ready to race!
This has happened to me a few times recently. When taking a somewhat sharp corner my car stalls or feels like it's going to stall, and I've had the EPC light come on briefly one time and the check engine light another time. I thought it might have been traction control at first and then maybe the car stalled just due to power being cut while the clutch was still engaged, but I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Any thoughts?

Please post error codes.

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
I would if I could. I might bring it to a dealer and get the codes read this weekend.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
If there are hard codes you can go to autozone for them to read. I suggest you invest in a Ross-Tech cable.

Stupid question but have you checked your oil level?

These cars have had issues with hard corners. But those are typically on a track with a very aggressive driver.

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
Actually I just checked my oil level last night. I thought it would be fine but there wasn't a drop of oil on the dipstick. When does the warning light come on? After the engine has seized? What the fuck VW...

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Actually I just checked my oil level last night. I thought it would be fine but there wasn't a drop of oil on the dipstick. When does the warning light come on? After the engine has seized? What the fuck VW...
I typically check my oil level every other fill up.

Im not sure when the light comes on. But you might want to get some in the car.

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
I filled it up right after I found out how low it was. I'm going to get in the habit of checking it frequently. I've never had a car that burned this much oil before.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
I filled it up right after I found out how low it was. I'm going to get in the habit of checking it frequently. I've never had a car that burned this much oil before.
Its random from car to car. Mine burns very little oil between services. But some of these cars will eat oil.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion

When was the last oil change?

When, and how many miles ago did you check the oil?