GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Outlet Pipe worth it?

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Hello guys, I'm going to do a OEM Golf R K04 install on my MKV this weekend. Since I am using a K04 right off of a Golf R I will need to change the turbo outlet pipe to either the OEM or aftermarket. Doing this will make it basically the same exact motor as you guys have so I was wondering if any of you have run an aftermarket turbo outlet pipe with good results? Gains in feel, spool sound (since the turbo muffler is deleted), or response etc.

I am on a strict budget here and the OEM one is ~$169 and the cheapest aftermarket (CTS/Spulen) is $229. Any help would be appreciated. Would it be worth it?

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
I just recently installed both TOP and TBP. I noticed more of a gain with the TBP. That said, the TOP pipe was still a good buy.

Both are also something you could do later down the road without needing the motor out of the car.

If you have to chose between TOP or TBP, I'd go with the TBP. Then again, you're looking at a little extra in comparison to the OEM TOP, so I guess you might as well get the better pipe?

You might be able to find some cheaper knockoffs on eBay for a lot less. That's actually what I ended up buying and I've had no issues so far; it's just piping.

Or this would also work well!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CTS-Turbo-M...ipe-/261967922047?hash=item3cfe81437f&vxp=mtr

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I just recently installed both TOP and TBP. I noticed more of a gain with the TBP. That said, the TOP pipe was still a good buy.

Both are also something you could do later down the road without needing the motor out of the car.

If you have to chose between TOP or TBP, I'd go with the TBP. Then again, you're looking at a little extra in comparison to the OEM TOP, so I guess you might as well get the better pipe?

You might be able to find some cheaper knockoffs on eBay for a lot less. That's actually what I ended up buying and I've had no issues so far; it's just piping.

Or this would also work well!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CTS-Turbo-M...ipe-/261967922047?hash=item3cfe81437f&vxp=mtr

Awesome find man. I just bought that lol. Looks lightly used and was cheaper than any oem one I could find. Thanks again man!

mcgti6

Ready to race!
I've upgraded both TOP and TBP. I felt a pretty noticeable change after getting rid of the OEM TOP. It was one of the first things I changed. I believe it'll be required that you change it out if you are going K04, not something you can wait on later if you are switching K03 to K04. Fits are slightly angled differently.

Also, I have heard stories of some brands having fitment issues to where you have to tweak the pipes or brackets a little to make em usable. I replaced both my pipes with NEUSPEED pipes because I didn't want to screw around with fitment problems. It was exactly fitted to where it had to go. No problems at all with install.