GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

42DD Turboback exhaust questions???

Bteege

So I am very close to purchasing my turbo back exhaust, and I love the sound of the 42DD turboback with resonator and catless. Is anyone here running this setup and have any complaints?

Also I am going to set a cat efficiency code with this setup I assume? How does everyone here get that light to go away, because I will not be able to tolerate looking at a CEL everyday.

Thank you in advance!

bebersol

Ready to race!
I run a 42dd turbo back with 200 cell high flow cat, I don't set CELs, All you need is the spacer to prevent the CEL's.

I love the performance and sound, but I have some fitment issues.

The down pipe is up against one of my shifter rods. I double insulated the shifter rod in heat wrap from DEI. 42DD didn't have a work around for that, they had an excuse.

I also had about a 1/4 gap from the 42DD hangar to the front exhaust hangar that 42dd couldn't fix either, just another excuse.

I think their welding jigs are a little off.

Hope this helps

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
How does everyone here get that light to go away, because I will not be able to tolerate looking at a CEL everyday.

If you do get a light, something like the 42dd o2 spacer will likely get rid of it.

vizzlebizzle

Passed Driver's Ed
spacer or programming, either way. i have a 42dd with no cat or res, and when i had stage 2 flashed the service tech asked about the cel, asked if i had the 42dd spacer, and when i said no he said no problem/he'd program it. been fine since.

ILUVMYGTi

Passed Driver's Ed

https://youtu.be/64HKVX81uwo

42DD Full Turbo Back Catless

Hope the link for the video works