GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good detailer in Southeast Michigan?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Just picked up a new car and I want it detailed right.
It's factory fresh, and the dealer didn't even clean it, but has some light swirls in one area of the hood (not sure from what...snow broom?)
So I guess it'd be a "new car prep/detail."

I have all the stuff to do it myself actually, but don't want to screw it up on this one right off the bat.

Any recommendations?

BTW, AutoLavish is waaaay too rich for my blood even though they do good work

CHerna

Ready to race!
My first suggestion (and where i'll be taking my car soon) is Sportiva Auto Salon in Troy. Dave has been detailing almost as long as I have been alive. I met with him and he gave me a free consultation based on the condition of my paint. You can check out his Facebook page to see some of his work.

Second is Reflect detailing. He is mobile and reasonably priced. Not sure how long he has been detailing, but he did a good job on my friend's Destroyer Gray Scat Pack. ReflectDetailing on Instagram.

Good luck!

mlody91

Ready to race!
Motor City Auto Spa in Royal Oak. The guys did a great job rejuvenating my paint after a neglectful winter. It was somewhere in the $260 range for wash, clay bar, sealant, wax and some touch up paint on my hood.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
My first suggestion (and where i'll be taking my car soon) is Sportiva Auto Salon in Troy. Dave has been detailing almost as long as I have been alive. I met with him and he gave me a free consultation based on the condition of my paint. You can check out his Facebook page to see some of his work.

Second is Reflect detailing. He is mobile and reasonably priced. Not sure how long he has been detailing, but he did a good job on my friend's Destroyer Gray Scat Pack. ReflectDetailing on Instagram.

Good luck!

Thanks, I'll look into them

How much was Sportiva, out of curiousity?

Motor City Auto Spa in Royal Oak. The guys did a great job rejuvenating my paint after a neglectful winter. It was somewhere in the $260 range for wash, clay bar, sealant, wax and some touch up paint on my hood.

See I had heard nothing but good things about them too, but when I took my old CC there (5 years ago)....I was NOT impressed by their work at all.
They basically just washed the damn thing (which I could've done)...I was expecting more work than that for the $125 or $175 or whatever I paid them

Last edited:

CHerna

Ready to race!
Dave at Sportiva quoted me $700 for a level 3 detail, which he mentioned would take 2 days. My car has terrible wheel marks from the last owner. So, I imagine most of that quote is fixing the poor work, previously performed.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Dave at Sportiva quoted me $700 for a level 3 detail, which he mentioned would take 2 days. My car has terrible wheel marks from the last owner. So, I imagine most of that quote is fixing the poor work, previously performed.

:eek: :eek:

He emailed me back, but told me to call him about my "options"
I sure hope it's nothing crazy like that

Paytrose

Ready to race!
I'm thinking about taking my car to ultimate image auto spa in northville. The highest level detail package is $199 and has good reviews.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I'm thinking about taking my car to ultimate image auto spa in northville. The highest level detail package is $199 and has good reviews.

Now that's closer to me.....I might have to look them up

I talked to Dave @ Sportiva and he told me $250-300 to clean my (brand new) car.
He was really trying to upsell me on coatings though it seemed...."only" $800 for OptiCoat, for example, lol
No thanks ;)