GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE MK5 & MK6 2.0T TSI HIGH FLOW COLD AIR INTAKE KIT

SirClimax

Ready to race!
How much does the stage 2 pipe cost to replace? I bought my intake slightly used and it has the older design. Couldnt pass on the deal since our CAD $ took a hard hit.

If it brakes than it is free. Contact them and see what they can do. If you can see a crack developing on the bracket they might just send you a replacement before it brakes all the way

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Anyone running this intake with a unitronic tune ? Any issues ? I also want to position the MAF at 11, any clearance issues ?

No clearance issues. Sits close to the brake fluid reservoir but mine has never rubbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Well, I joined the broken bracket club this week... I contacted IE on Tuesday night. They got back to me over an hour before they even open the office the next day. The new pipe was packed up, labeled, and picked up by UPS the same day. It should be getting here tomorrow. Customer service like this makes me want to buy more stuff from them.

Yeah I'll most likely buy their K04 when the time comes for an upgrade. I like the setup of it more than some of the other kits out there. I love their customer service as well. I had a couple things backordered and it was a longer wait and they sent me a bunch of free stuff.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
So with the new stage 2 piping installed I noticed something interesting... The port in the original piping was smaller than stock making it very difficult to install/uninstall the tube coming from the pcv and making it impossible for my catch can to fit. The revised piping has a larger port in it so now I can go back to using my catch can. It was a good weekend!

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
It happened Today.
20170620_172731_crop_468x468.jpg

I felt some abnormal vibration and checked under hood. Saw this and sent pix to IE..... Let see.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
It happened Today.
View attachment 55665

I felt some abnormal vibration and checked under hood. Saw this and sent pix to IE..... Let see.

Mine has yet to crack? What gives!? Is it just a matter of time? Mine didn't have the additional bracket on the heat shipped to anchor it to the ram air duct. I also have 034 trans and motor mounts with a VWR subframe mount. I wonder without that additional bracket that it allows for some flex and takes strain off the rear mount?

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Mine has yet to crack? What gives!? Is it just a matter of time? Mine didn't have the additional bracket on the heat shipped to anchor it to the ram air duct. I also have 034 trans and motor mounts with a VWR subframe mount. I wonder without that additional bracket that it allows for some flex and takes strain off the rear mount?

The mounts will definitely help reduce the chances of it breaking. I noticed mine was slowly starting to crack for about a month before it broke. Less movement of the engine would potentially eliminate that range at which it is over stressed.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
The mounts will definitely help reduce the chances of it breaking. I noticed mine was slowly starting to crack for about a month before it broke. Less movement of the engine would potentially eliminate that range at which it is over stressed.

I have not and would like to know as well. I don't think it's an oiled filter correct?

Jaber

Modero
Unitronic uses a dry filter, to try to clean it, they recommended using an air compressor to try to blow out dirt and any particles trapped. I did this and it seemed to work, but I eventually replaced it and kept the original as a backup.

Here's how to clean AEMs dry filter, which seems similar to other dry filters. Just different cleaning product :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtv0Ical9V0

Lancifer

Passed Driver's Ed
So looking at either this one or cts cai, but I'm worried about what people
Are saying with the cracking? Common issue with this intake?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't pick CTS just because of their customer service. Their products aren't terrible, but their service sucks.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Unitronic uses a dry filter, to try to clean it, they recommended using an air compressor to try to blow out dirt and any particles trapped. I did this and it seemed to work, but I eventually replaced it and kept the original as a backup.

Here's how to clean AEMs dry filter, which seems similar to other dry filters. Just different cleaning product :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtv0Ical9V0

I haven't had any cracking issues yet. I have 034 SD mounts so reduces quite a bit of engine movement.