GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer refused to sell the car because I requested free mat kit :O

GTAye1

Ready to race!
LOL. Try living in Singapore. A GTI cost S$180,000. or about US$148,000. Makes buying a GTI in Canada look cheap.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Lindsay VW in Sterling, VA. I really have a feeling that something else went on. I bought mine from there and it was one of the best car-buying experiences I've ever had.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
LOL. Try living in Singapore. A GTI cost S$180,000. or about US$148,000. Makes buying a GTI in Canada look cheap.

One hundred and forty eight thousand US dollars? Just wanted to make sure I was reading that correctly. You could buy 2 GT-R's or an Audi R8 and a GTI with money leftover for mods with that.

kniteshift

Ready to race!
^^
I think tax dropped now. 8.5% now. I went to Royal Motors first, but they didn't have any colors I liked so on to Sonnen.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
It was 9.7 when i bought mine. SF tax is the highest in the bay area and goes by residence.

Yeah, This year I paid 9.25% on my Corvette and Xterra, and 8.25% on my GTI. At least I know for a fact I can take advantage of the sales tax deduction this year on my Federal return. :laugh:

SF is 8.5% now after the 1% reduction, but some cities are still in the 9.25% from quick checks, like Santa Monica. http://www.boe.ca.gov/cgi-bin/rates.cgi

Last edited:

pdjafari

damn I'm actually in process of buying a GTI from Lindsay in Sterling VA.

Got a quote for a 12 2 DR DSG GTI Sunroof and Nav including the (mats lol) for $27,775 which includes destination....

They quoted me $29,999 for a 12 2 DR DSG Autobahn including destination

Good deal??

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
damn I'm actually in process of buying a GTI from Lindsay in Sterling VA.

Got a quote for a 12 2 DR DSG GTI Sunroof and Nav including the (mats lol) for $27,775 which includes destination....

They quoted me $29,999 for a 12 2 DR DSG Autobahn including destination

Good deal??

It really depends on all the dealers in your area, or how far you are willing to go.

It's really hard for people to say that are not in your area. Here in the SF Bay area that deal isn't so hot @ $27,775 but may be the best deal within 500 miles of you. YOU gotta do all the legwork on the internet and work with the fleet managers before you pull the trigger if you really want to be sure.

Just for reference, I got my 2011 2 door 6 speed Sunroof+NAV+mats for just under $25k including destination (tax & registration not included). I could have gotten $3k off MSRP on a 2012, but they only had colors I didn't want, or the Autobahn+DSG and I wasn't looking for leather. Only 2 dealers within 100 miles were willing to do that pricing though, most were asking a lot more, some over MSRP.

Shop everyone in your area as far as you're willing to go and do your homework!