GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 Base 2 Door Golf w/ 6 speed auto.

blai0323

Hey guys,

I've been in the market for a daily driver and it boiled down to either the civic coupe lx or golf. Test drove the golf and needless to say, imo golf>civic and both were in the same price range.

I've been negotiating with Puente Hills VW and they gave me a OTD price of $20,000 flat. Is this a good deal for the 2012 base 2 door, 2.5, with the 6 spd auto? I think this is the only dealer that has the configuration I want in stock because other dealers like VW Pasadena said they won't be getting new inventory until late Jan - mid Feb.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks! :)

cacophony555

Ready to race!
That sounds like a great price for OTD in California. You're probably about $600 under invoice (before tax, title, license). I'd say go for it!

And yes, the Golf 2.5 is way better than the Civic, ... or Corolla, or Elantra, or Cruz, or any other car out there under $20k.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Decent deal! Go for it.

blai0323

So after days of negotiating, I was able to talk down the OTD price to $18,890. I sold my old Camry privately for $3,000 so in the end I paid $15,890 for the golf. :thumbup:

This car is impressive in terms of the standard features that is included for the "base" model. The heated side mirrors are pretty nifty to have especially during the cold rainy Los Angeles mornings.

For those of you looking for a nice little commuter car, I'd say give the golf a look. Best bang for the buck in the compact car segment!

McQueen77

Banned
So after days of negotiating, I was able to talk down the OTD price to $18,890. I sold my old Camry privately for $3,000 so in the end I paid $15,890 for the golf. :thumbup:

This car is impressive in terms of the standard features that is included for the "base" model. The heated side mirrors are pretty nifty to have especially during the cold rainy Los Angeles mornings.

For those of you looking for a nice little commuter car, I'd say give the golf a look. Best bang for the buck in the compact car segment!

Well done.. Damn man, thats like almost 10 grand less than a GTI. Solid commuter and most of the time in l.a. driving situations, the power will be ample.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
did you get a sunroof and rcd-510... bluetooth?

i couldnt imagine giving any of those up

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Golfs don't get RCD-510s here....