GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AC System Cleanse DIY - Out with the Foot Smell

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! I'll try this in the mean time.

how long has it lasted with the Lysol?

I also changed out my cabin filter. I did it three weeks ago. I haven't needed the AC since it's gotten colder out, so I couldn't really say how long it will last. I did spray the crap out of it though. I sprayed both the inside cabin intake and the outside intake (passenger side).

ducatiti

Ready to race!
I've used a household cleaner called scrubbing bubbles. Very similar to Klima which I've used too but found it too expensive.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
Thanks for this DIY. Works great!

NEOHMark

Ready to race!
For us 6' 2" types with fat fingers that can't get up the cabin filter housing easily? Would it not be just as easy (maybe easier?) to shove the Klima Cleaner hose up the evaporator drain tube and into the evaporator box? It's really really easy to expose the drain tube by removing one fastener on the console panel trim cover.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
For us 6' 2" types with fat fingers that can't get up the cabin filter housing easily? Would it not be just as easy (maybe easier?) to shove the Klima Cleaner hose up the evaporator drain tube and into the evaporator box? It's really really easy to expose the drain tube by removing one fastener on the console panel trim cover.
YUK !!!! Not exactly healthy handling the drain tube.

At my Buddy's shop, they zip tie the Klima Cleaner hose to a Borascope and feed it up the cabin filter hole to the evaporator, seem to work for them and you don't have to down in the footwell smelling the stuff when you're spraying.

At Home, since I have bought the Klima Clean product several times I have extra hoses that I have adapted (slightly open the hole in the adapter) to use with cheaper cans of Lysol, so I alternated between the two products, only using the Klima Cleaner when it's really bad or being a long time.

Found this Video:
https://youtu.be/v1j_nQi8WPA

Cheers !!!