GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone selling their stock GTI rims and tires (Canada)

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
Just as the title states. I'm looking to see if anyone on the board that wants to sell their OEM GTI rims and tires. I'm looking for "detroits". I figured that this was the best route then spending $3000 CDN at the dealership.

Anyways! If anyone in Canada has any they are considering to sell, please post. Thanks.

Last edited:

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
The 2010 "Detroits" have black paint on the holes, while the "Huffeisens" have gray paint on the holes.

You're better off looking for Mk5 Huffs as they will be much cheaper and easier to find on VWVortex or GolfMkV.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Really! I had no idea. Well thanks for that bud, I appreciate it.

They should fit on a 2010 Golf right? The bolt pattern and size should be the same right? Like it would fit?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Here's the difference illustrated in pictures:

2010 "Detroit"

2006-2009 "Huffs"

Notice the color difference.

Also, here is the Vortex 5x112 VW classifieds link, should've included it in the first post:http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?804-5x112-Classifieds

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
Oh okay! Now I got it. Thanks for the help guys.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
The 2011 Detriots will fit on the 2010 Golf right? Nothing has changed I assume?

Geofux

Ready to race!
I have a friend that might be selling a set. I'll let you know.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
I'm confused. You guys say they are 18's but on the vw.ca website they say they are 17's? Can someone clarify please, thanks!

Geofux

Ready to race!
Here's the details:

They are Huffs from a MK5 GTI but have been painted black to look like Detroits. He had them painted before the Detroits came out.. The barrel is still the original colour, but is hardly noticable. He has Pirelli PZero A/S on them with less than 15,000km. There is the minor chip here and there but nothing too crazy and there is NO curb rash on them. He will let them go for $1400.

They are in Edmonton so you'd have to sort something out to get them but other than that they are in really good shape.

And huffs/detroits are 18's.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
Here's the details:

They are Huffs from a MK5 GTI but have been painted black to look like Detroits. He had them painted before the Detroits came out.. The barrel is still the original colour, but is hardly noticable. He has Pirelli PZero A/S on them with less than 15,000km. There is the minor chip here and there but nothing too crazy and there is NO curb rash on them. He will let them go for $1400.

They are in Edmonton so you'd have to sort something out to get them but other than that they are in really good shape.

- How much tread is left?
- Who painted them? What company?
- Can you get me pictures?
- Is the price obo?
- Minor chip here and there? From the paint that was put on?

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
I have brand new, never used detroits off my 2011 which I may part with for the right price. I got the car in Dec with winter rims+tires on it so the stealership has my detroits which I have never driven on (Car had 24kms when I got it so I assume they were driven on for 24kms)

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
Here's the details:

The other offer I have is $800.00 shipped without tires and they are brand new. I put 4 new tires on them and it's the same price as what you're offering.The only thing you're saving me from is the cost of shipping. That's not much of a deal.

Last edited:

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
I'm confused. You guys say they are 18's but on the vw.ca website they say they are 17's? Can someone clarify please, thanks!

They are 18's. The stock Canadian GTI comes with 17's called Denvers which look similar to the Huffs but are not quite the same (inner side of circles are not painted a different color than the face.