GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 02-08-2018, 03:41 AM   #1331
1616sixx
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2009 Mk6 2.0 GT TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by redubbed View Post
My 2017 Tiguan (with MIB/CarPlay) doesn't have a problem with it. Call work via Bluetooth when not plugged in & via CarPlay when plugged in. No need to turn off BT.
My 187B Desay is the same. If I have music playing via BT, and then plug the USB in it will just stop BT music and open CarPlay. Works perfect
1616sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #1332
jasmun88
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2013 GTI
So does anyone know why it doesn't display the embeded album art on mp3s. I know for a fact my mp3s have them. I threw a bunch on an SD. Still just shows the box with the music note in it.
jasmun88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #1333
GtiJase
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2012 golf gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmun88 View Post
So does anyone know why it doesn't display the embeded album art on mp3s. I know for a fact my mp3s have them. I threw a bunch on an SD. Still just shows the box with the music note in it.
Be a firmware thing, nobody has been able to get album art or radio station art to work.
GtiJase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:32 AM   #1334
chelseafan95

Drives: Mk6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1616sixx View Post
My 187B Desay is the same. If I have music playing via BT, and then plug the USB in it will just stop BT music and open CarPlay. Works perfect
Mine had a problem with this the first time I turned the radio on (4-5 days ago), but when I tried yesterday everything worked perfect. Maybe it was a phone-problem...

I'm also curious about the album art cover. It seems like nobody has gotten this to work yet
chelseafan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #1335
FndrStrat06
Ready to race!

Drives: Black 2014 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiJase View Post
Be a firmware thing, nobody has been able to get album art or radio station art to work.
That's a shame. Not a huge deal, I guess, but it would be nice if it did work.
FndrStrat06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #1336
Novski
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Mk6 gti
MK6 GTI owner here, 2010 year model

Originally had an rns510 installed from factory with OEM reverse camera

Upgraded to the rcd330 last year (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Original...item2a841428ad) exact one I purchased

Can't seem to get the reverse camera activated, purchased two different reverse camera adapters and still no luck
(https://www.aliexpress.com/item/26-P...e-fa6cc76ba9a0)

Anyone able to help me to activate the reverse camera?

Will paypal $$ to anyone that can assist me in sorting it out properly, tired of reading forum posts and ending up at dead ends haha
Novski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #1337
jasmun88
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2013 GTI
When you throw the car in reverse does it switch to a camera mode? If not you need a code a bite in vcds to enable the backup camera
jasmun88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:56 PM   #1338
Ramses82
Ready to race!

Drives: Golf MK6
Agree. Once the radio is connected on the car, you can program it with the vcds and enable the rear camera. On mine it was the other way around, didn't have a camera and putting on reverse was showing a black screen instead of the car with the sensors. Disabled the camera and everything worked.
You need the adapter and software to connect to the car using a PC
Ramses82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:28 AM   #1339
The Red Warrior
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Mk5 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novski View Post
MK6 GTI owner here, 2010 year model

Originally had an rns510 installed from factory with OEM reverse camera

Upgraded to the rcd330 last year (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Original...item2a841428ad) exact one I purchased

Can't seem to get the reverse camera activated, purchased two different reverse camera adapters and still no luck
(https://www.aliexpress.com/item/26-P...e-fa6cc76ba9a0)

Anyone able to help me to activate the reverse camera?

Will paypal $$ to anyone that can assist me in sorting it out properly, tired of reading forum posts and ending up at dead ends haha
I'm assuming you have the highline camera with the bending guidelines since it's a mk6 GTI. If so then this is probably useful:

Ok so I had a quick at this today.
6RD 035 187 B running sw 5314 in a B6 Passat with highline RVC controller.

The issue is that the head unit actually tries to talk to the RVC module, but the RVC has incompatible software and logs a fault saying as much.

So unfortunately the RCD330 will not work with older highline modules.
What needs to happen is the highline module needs to be bypassed, so that the composite video signal from the camera itself is fed straight to the RCD330 video input. No RGBS converters, no highline bending guidelines.

The only other solutions I can think of are:
Replace the highline module with a 7N0 module from an MY16 Tiguan (which I have done in my car connected to my Discover Media). This involves running a new harness from the boot to behind the head unit as the cabling is different.

See if there is a software solution - the RCD330G software would require an update to support older RVC control modules such as the 3C9 907 441. There is no later software for the RVC module than sw 20. This is a pretty long shot but perhaps it has been done.

Here's the link to the complete thread too:

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...-121733-2.html

Probably not what you wanted to read but hopefully helpful none the less.
The Red Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #1340
Atsiki
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: Golf
We talk only about rcd330
http://rcd330us.com
Atsiki is offline   Reply With Quote