GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

Fingolfin

Ready to race!
My my pump replaced in May 2015 on my 2014 GTI at 23k miles. Replaced a -BB unite with a -BG unit. Now at 45k miles and occasionally smell that sickly sweet coolant odor outside the car when getting out. I keep checking the coolant level but it's staying at full. Hope it's not about to dump again. Due for an oil change soon so I'll have it looked over for a leak then.

gavinfla

Do you have a cbfa engine code?
Pm me your vin and I can check for you.
I'm not sure on the engine code it was hard enough to find my chasis code for scanners (VCDS). But i checked with the VW recall people and other than intake manifold & injector pump extended waranty on those item till 2021 or 120 miles. But not on the coolant pump

BlueE30

Ready to race!
I've gone through about 10 pages or so and can't seem to find a definitive answer, but is there any reason why the 2010's weren't covered under this extended warranty? I've never been able to understand that.

Cyrok

Passed Driver's Ed
I've gone through about 10 pages or so and can't seem to find a definitive answer, but is there any reason why the 2010's weren't covered under this extended warranty? I've never been able to understand that.
Yes indeed, i don't think i ever read anybody having issues with the 2010 model year... seems like the 2010 year has no issues with it's water pump, I wonder what the difference is?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
Yes indeed, i don't think i ever read anybody having issues with the 2010 model year... seems like the 2010 year has no issues with it's water pump, I wonder what the difference is?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

i've got a 2010 as well and KNOCK on wood i haven't had any issues so far...i've had a radiator problem that i had to replace but NOT water pump....:iono:

Uberryan

Banned
There is no waterpump recall. If you are under powertrain, you're fine, outside of that and it's on you.

kapoogle

Passed Driver's Ed
paid out of my pocket, had it replace once before under warranty ahaha ! T_T experience though lol :iono:

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
i've got a 2010 as well and KNOCK on wood i haven't had any issues so far...i've had a radiator problem that i had to replace but NOT water pump....:iono:

I've got a 2011, and not sure of build date or water pump type code but also knock on wood no water pump problems after 145k miles.