GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sirius renewal after free 6 months

redlulu

Passed Driver's Ed
I did not renew and kept turning down renewals at the regular price. I finally got an offer for $12.49 for 3 mos then regular price for 9 months.Today I got a half price offer of $77 for a year plus $11.50 music fee and local tax. Be patient. Sirius wants to keep you.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
How long did you go without the service?

I don't think I can live without my 80's on 8 or First Wave. =(

redlulu

Passed Driver's Ed
ended May 1 so 18 days...4 or 5 calls and several e mails since. Today I got a call with the 50% offer.
To avoid the possible future issue of Sirius renewing and continuing to charge you after your paid subscription expires I suggest requesting an invoice and paying by check. That costs $2 more than credit card but that avoids the issue cited in another thread with a link to Orlando newspaper article on a suit against Sirius.

RatherBeInCabo

Ready to race!
I will not renew. Using Slacker radio on my iPhone via Bluetooth sounds much better that the Sirius.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
I just got it 2 days ago and I love it. Their customer service is really good too. I got a year subscription with the first 6 months half off. I also got a deal on another receiver for a friend if I want at a discount price. I can't wait to get it hooked up in my car.

NoCaution

SofaKingEuro.com
I don't think I can live without my 80's on 8 or First Wave. =(

We should be friends.

Personally, I can live without Sirius if I have to. It costs more than is justified since I have sooooo many other options (Pandora, iPhone, CD's, the sweet sweet sound of German engineering, hell... even terrestrial radio has a few options left). But while I have it, I will drive around aimlessly every Sunday night listening to Darkwave.

Good times.

Also - Sirius seek is just about the COOLEST. THING. EVER!

pvivino

Ready to race!
If you keep your car for a longtime the best deal is a lifetime subscription. It's listed as $499 but they will discount it at times for $399. Keep your car for 8 years and thats $50/yr. The only risk is if they go bankrupt but I think that would have already happened if it was going to. I did the lifetime for my wife's Honda and will for the GTI if I get a good offer.