GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$19k for CPO 2010 4DR Sunroof + Xenon w/ 17k miles. Would you do it?

Flippy

Ready to race!
Hey all,

Going this Saturday to test drive a certified pre-owned 2010 4-door w/ Sunroof & Xenon as the only options and 17.5k on the odometer. Through emails I've got the dealer offering $21,000 OTD or about $19,000 +TTL.

Does this sound like a decent deal or could I do better than this? Dealership is 30 miles away so haven't seen the condition of the car yet so can't report on that.

Thoughts?

McQueen77

Banned
sounds like a good deal man, but you don't say what year - '10 or '11? CPO is the way to go in my opinion. someone else takes the initial depreciation hit for you, you get a practically new car for a lot less money and there is an added warranty thrown on. if it were a '10 w/17k I'd say thats good mileage but 17k on an '11 means someone drove it a lot.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
If thats the deal they're offering then you can stand to bring them down a bit on the price. I'd offer them 1k less and see if they'll knock off $500 more off their initial offer.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
like what some had said, that's a good ass CPO deal.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Looks like the used GTI prices took a hit as of the last few months. That is again a very good deal.

Previously the used were selling for as much as the new.

Flippy

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the reply's. I guess we'll see how things actually go on Saturday. The internet guys original offer came in at $22.5k and then down to $21.5 + TTL. Was going off of Edmunds site and told him I was more in the ballpark of $21k OTD. He was pretty quick to agree on that price without any counter offer, which while great, brings out the skeptic in me.

Been extremely cordial and accommodating so far and am hoping this extends to the actual purchase come Saturday. Still room for them to try to screw me on trade in and/or financing if I decide to do either with them. Hoping to have an update this weekend... and a new(ish) car :)

JammingJay

Ready to race!
As a note, many car dealerships are run as a monthly sales business, meaning you may have sales people desperate to hit their numbers near the end of the month.

You may want to give your sales person a call today as it is month end.

Thanks for all the reply's. I guess we'll see how things actually go on Saturday. The internet guys original offer came in at $22.5k and then down to $21.5 + TTL. Was going off of Edmunds site and told him I was more in the ballpark of $21k OTD. He was pretty quick to agree on that price without any counter offer, which while great, brings out the skeptic in me.

Been extremely cordial and accommodating so far and am hoping this extends to the actual purchase come Saturday. Still room for them to try to screw me on trade in and/or financing if I decide to do either with them. Hoping to have an update this weekend... and a new(ish) car :)

McQueen77

Banned
oh, ok '10 for that sounds about right.