GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

waiting for my R

drhiggens

Ready to race!
I am sitting here at work not to much going on really, I received a phone call that my new 2013 white 4 door golf R is expected any day now. all the paper work has been taken care of so all I have to do is go pick it up.
I never thought of myself as impatient but the waiting is starting to get to me. haha

I have been waiting for a bit and have some plans for the car when it gets here. see photos below.
in the boxes are the Apr carbon intake, the HFFP and off camera the APR DP is came in the mail last week, there is a shop here in seattle that can flash it to apr stage 2+, and the big box at the bottom has the LED taillights and the neuspeed short shifter and rear end links.
H&R sway bars are in the mail and the I'm debating on what coils I'm going to run with. I want to see how the car rides and how it is to live with every day for a while before I make a choice.
Lastly after a small shipping problem the über stealth sub box arrived as well and I am really amazed by the build quality of it.

So when the car get here how long should I wait before I start the putting stuff on. is there a break in time on the motor? I was thinking about waiting a month or as long as I can hold out so that I can get a better idea of what it was like before the upgrades (see/feel what it all did).

The last photo is of the car I will be parking next to every day at work. I don't think the R will be out of place next to the GTR

I am new to the forum and very excited and I just wanted to share my excitement.:D

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Way to Pre-Mod ;)

Congrats on the R.

The GTR looks like its got aftermarket exhaust, diffuser, suspension, and wheels... pretty crazy

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
That is without a doubt, one of the best looking GT-R's I've ever seen.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
congrats on the new purchase and pre pile o' mods! I broke my GTI in easy over 800-1000 miles then flashed away. No need to wait forever, some flash before it even leaves the dealer!

That GTR would make me want to take the R to stage III immediately, lol

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
I am sitting here at work not to much going on really, I received a phone call that my new 2013 white 4 door golf R is expected any day now. all the paper work has been taken care of so all I have to do is go pick it up.
I never thought of myself as impatient but the waiting is starting to get to me. haha

I have been waiting for a bit and have some plans for the car when it gets here. see photos below.
in the boxes are the Apr carbon intake, the HFFP and off camera the APR DP is came in the mail last week, there is a shop here in seattle that can flash it to apr stage 2+, and the big box at the bottom has the LED taillights and the neuspeed short shifter and rear end links.
H&R sway bars are in the mail and the I'm debating on what coils I'm going to run with. I want to see how the car rides and how it is to live with every day for a while before I make a choice.
Lastly after a small shipping problem the über stealth sub box arrived as well and I am really amazed by the build quality of it.

So when the car get here how long should I wait before I start the putting stuff on. is there a break in time on the motor? I was thinking about waiting a month or as long as I can hold out so that I can get a better idea of what it was like before the upgrades (see/feel what it all did).

The last photo is of the car I will be parking next to every day at work. I don't think the R will be out of place next to the GTR

I am new to the forum and very excited and I just wanted to share my excitement.:D

Me personally I would wait for the first 1k miles (break in period) to do any engine mods (I went stage 1 after my first oil change at 5k), other than that congratulations on the R.

tamz273

Ready to race!
Yeh I held off to 1000 miles.. Was at stage2+ by around 4k.. Just get a good break-in and ur golden

drhiggens

Ready to race!
congrats on the new purchase and pre pile o' mods! I broke my GTI in easy over 800-1000 miles then flashed away. No need to wait forever, some flash before it even leaves the dealer!

That GTR would make me want to take the R to stage III immediately, lol

I am thinking about doing the APR stage 3 when they release it. No word yet on final parts or time from what I understand. My only concern with the stage 3 is that I will start to get into problems with drivability and reliability. it is on the list of possibilities. Im still debating if I want to do the cat back, really its just for sound and I want to see if I want more bark coming from it before I start looking into that.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I am thinking about doing the APR stage 3 when they release it. No word yet on final parts or time from what I understand. My only concern with the stage 3 is that I will start to get into problems with drivability and reliability. it is on the list of possibilities. Im still debating if I want to do the cat back, really its just for sound and I want to see if I want more bark coming from it before I start looking into that.

What was your previous car?

Sanderskog

Ready to race!
Where are you at in Seattle? I'm on the Eastside and sitting at 1200 miles on my R right now. I need to get out to Achtuning before the sale ends.

Todd

drhiggens

Ready to race!
What was your previous car?

My current car is a mk4 vr6, but the last few years I was living in california so I mostly rode motorcycles. and now I live in washington so I figured I would get a nicer DD. I like the exhaust sound on the bikes loud but I feel like that is a different thing then the car for me it is anyway.

Where are you at in Seattle? I'm on the Eastside and sitting at 1200 miles on my R right now. I need to get out to Achtuning before the sale ends.

Todd

I live on the north east side, juanita area. Im going to have Achtuning do the flash and DP install when I get to that point. I found the price of buying the DP from them was about 60 bucks more then buying it from APR and having them ship it out here. so something to keep in mind.

drhiggens

Ready to race!
well the R arrived a couple of weeks ago. Have not really done much to it other then had the amp for the uber stealth sub box put in. really help to fill out the bottom end. but not zoo loud the neighbors have anything to complain about.
So today we washed the bikes and the R with its first wash with Permanon.
I remembered I had not posted a photo so here it is.

I have been thinking about if I want to the a cat back to go with the DP, but im really just not sure yet. Does anyone have the APR cat back who can share the experiences with me I would really appreciate it. How is it to live with on a daily basis.
Also put in the euro tail lights, and picked up a VagCom as well so if anyone is in the seattle area and needs some help with that let me know. :)

Last edited:

08CW R32

Ready to race!
Nice GTR! Current Stage 2 + with all your goodies installed....

I like blk also...lol

Attachments

• 911a.jpg
    911a.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 134
  • z06b.JPG
    z06b.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 128

drhiggens

Ready to race!
Nice GTR! Current Stage 2 + with all your goodies installed....

I like blk also...lol

I have not had any other the other loot installed yet, I only have 238 miles on it and I am goign to do a reasonable break in or a few k. also I want to know what it was like before I take it to stage 2.
I am goign to go with the HPA SHS coils too so I can keep a similar ride quality to stock. I think the coils and sway bars before I do the stage 2 upgrade. :D

08CW R32

Ready to race!
My goal was to keep my R very reliable as OEM. Going stage 2 + allows that and gives the car better MPG when your not into it. I also have the VWR intake. I did not mess mith my suspension since I felt the OEM set up for a dr was perfect. I did go with the VWR springs to lower the car.

luv ur tails......makes such a difference!

I have not had any other the other loot installed yet, I only have 238 miles on it and I am goign to do a reasonable break in or a few k. also I want to know what it was like before I take it to stage 2.
I am goign to go with the HPA SHS coils too so I can keep a similar ride quality to stock. I think the coils and sway bars before I do the stage 2 upgrade. :D