GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR is pleased to present APR Mobile!

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Got email from APR tech support today, and according to the email, i deleted the app off my iphone through itunes, deleted the app from computer, downloaded it, and reinstalled through itunes.
And everything works perfectly now, no weird logging issues.
Did several pulls, tried several logging groups, everything works:thumbsup:

This. Seems there is something that doesnt get changed/deleted from the phone when the updated/re-installed. By going through itunes it evidently wipes it clean.

pashley

Ready to race!
So for those of us on android who have connection issues, I'm hoping we just have to do that same...I'll give this uninstall and re-install the app a shot

artemk93

Ready to race!
Is anyone using apr mobile with google pixel? I recently switched from iphone and can't make the app to work. My phone has no problem pairing with the dongle, but the app doesn't see it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Is anyone using apr mobile with google pixel? I recently switched from iphone and can't make the app to work. My phone has no problem pairing with the dongle, but the app doesn't see it

I wonder if this has to do with the Pixel being on the latest Android 7.1, where APR may not have had time to bug-test with 7.1

I also have 7.1.1 on my Nexus 5X, but no APR mobile to test :(

Your best bet is to submit a support ticket through APR's website, they seem to be focusing on support more through there than on the forums lately.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!

Huh. I have a pixel and Apr mobile. Will test this weekend.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Hey I remember now that I still have this abandoned APR dongle thing on my Obd port. Thanks for reminding me guys! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fender177

Ready to race!
APR is pleased to present APR Mobile!

Arin@APR -- have you guys abandoned this dongle? It has so much potential, but the current feature set is too limited to make it worth the hefty price tag IMO. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being able to switch programs easily and log data. But, I want some other features like a stupid 0-60 timer. Maybe a real time boost gauge. Of course, being able to configure the RPM limit for launch control would be cool too. Maybe a way to check to make sure the version of your tune is the most current.

Can you give us an update regarding where the software stands?

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Arin@APR -- have you guys abandoned this dongle? It has so much potential, but the current feature set is too limited to make it worth the hefty price tag IMO. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being able to switch programs easily and log data. But, I want some other features like a stupid 0-60 timer. Maybe a real time boost gauge. Of course, being able to configure the RPM limit for launch control would be cool too. Maybe a way to check to make sure the version of your tune is the most current.

Can you give us an update regarding where the software stands?

Also in for an update. Last I had heard they had brought in a dedicated mobile guy, but yeah no word since then. There is a ton of potential here... things like configurable torque-by-gear limits, launch control parameters, VAGCOM/OBDEleven/PolarFIS+ style features, (OBDEleven is much more worth it than APR Mobile IMO), etc.

fender177

Ready to race!
I think so. I sent APR an email asking for an update about a week ago and haven't heard anything. Sucks. Might be time to start looking at some open source projects that accomplish similar goals out there.

artemk93

Ready to race!

I got it to work, but it is very unstable, sometimes it connects, sometimes not. All the app functionality works once it is connected. But as others have mentioned there needs to be more functionality, and we haven't received a proper update in a very long time.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
I think so. I sent APR an email asking for an update about a week ago and haven't heard anything. Sucks. Might be time to start looking at some open source projects that accomplish similar goals out there.

I just picked one up and am frustrated beyond frustrated. The app just crashes when attempting to do any data logging.

Their support has been ridiculously slow and does not appear to have much idea of what could be going wrong.

Like everyone here I agree there is sooo much potential but it seems they do not want to take the opportunity to provide something difference or have no idea how.

They should atleast give us an api so that 3rd party's can create apps. I would love too give a hand at this and make a usable app.

Last edited: